Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major] Shaco clone is distinguishable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TorikkusutaKai

02-05-2013

The new crowd control timer bar system under health bars of champions shows a full bar under a Shaco clone with an icon resembling the fear icon.

It allows people to know if the Shaco is a clone or not and ruins a Shaco's chance to juke using the clone.

Simply use Shaco's ult to reproduce

Just a Bear

02-05-2013

Same thing is happening with LeBlancs clone as well. I figured this would be a bug across multiple clone-related champions but I wasn't sure.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34332216#post34332216

FeedMe2KillU

02-05-2013

Tests done with Shaco

Screen02 (first file) was from a clone just after using my Ult.
Screen03 (second file) was after controlling him, happened both using R and Alt.

In Screen04 (third file), you can notice the "debuff" that appears, both in the real and the clone, when you control one of then (both with R and Alt). You can look Screen03 to see the debuff icon (but I wasn't with the clone selected, so it appears only on me).

Edit: fixed attachments, thanks Warrikon for pointing it out. It happened because the forum is configured to resize images of extension .png to 620x280.

Warrikon

02-05-2013

^^ those images are very small but I'd think the system isn't refined yet, so they are probably already working on this.

might want to check out wukong as well

fixed.

CartoonMad

02-05-2013

Have you actually faced a shaco? it does not show the debuff for enemies. Only shows for allies.

NumbSe7en

02-05-2013

Quote:
CartoonMad:
Have you actually faced a shaco? it does not show the debuff for enemies. Only shows for allies.

It shows it for allies too, I played against people with shaco and they said they could tell when it was my clone.

CartoonMad

02-05-2013

Its called observing the character differences. Pros do it all the time.

FeedMe2KillU

02-05-2013

Quote:
Warrikon:
^^ those images are very small but I'd think the system isn't refined yet, so they are probably already working on this.

might want to check out wukong as well

Wukong didn't happen because he isn't controllable (or at least it's what I'm guessing)
And those screenshots I sent are from the in-game Screenshot (F12), and in my pc they're at normal size... Weird... I'll try to fix that.

Edit: fixed original post, thanks for pointing it out. It happened because the forum is configured to resize images of extension .png to 620x280.

Warrikon

02-05-2013

Quote:
CartoonMad:
Its called observing the character differences. Pros do it all the time.

no... this is different.

So it seems to be through the 'unit orders!' buff... maybe it acts as a fear instead of the actual commands that you give the person... and each attack move is a taunt... O_o
Doesn't seem to be an easy fix anymore.

FeedMe2KillU

02-05-2013

Quote:
Warrikon:
no... this is different.

So it seems to be through the 'unit orders!' buff... maybe it acts as a fear instead of the actual commands that you give the person... and each attack move is a taunt... O_o
Doesn't seem to be an easy fix anymore.

Yeah, it refresh on every order issued... And doing some test, I found it to happen to Mordekaiser's Ghost (isn't really an issue, because it's obvious that it's "fake", but to LB and Shaco, it's a problem).

I didn't test it playing against others players. I'll try, but I think that at this hour it'll be hard to find someone willing to test that.

Edit: I realized this test with a friend (he was with LeBlanc and I was with Shaco), and as expected, once an order was issued to the clone, it became distinguishable.