[Champion Concept] Slash, the Giant's Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DalaxV

02-26-2013

Intro

-()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()-

Author's Note

"Recently, on the General Discussion forums, I have realized that many people are complaining about how people are health stacking. Most specifically on this thread. I always hated it myself and thought that buying a Blade of the Ruined King on my champions would make it easier to take out their health. The only problem with doing this is, to counter that, get armor, making the Blade completely useless. I have decided to create a champion with some abilities that are good for taking down a tank and making top laning against Garen or Volibear, easier. I have decided I would make a champion that wouldn't use mana either to make this easier to do, so Garen can't just have heavy sustain with his passive, neither with Volibear. Therefore, I have created Slash, the Giant's Blade."

- Dalax Vanstone

-()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()--()-

Table of Contents
- Information
- Lore (Important)
- Abilities
- Emotes
- Tips

Information

Name: Slash, the Giant's Blade
Role: Top, Jungle, Fighter
Race: Human
Appearance: Slash is a regularly built human, carrying a giant blade on his shoulder. The blade is too heavy to use one-handed.
Resources: Blood (similar to Renekton's Fury)

Basic Statistics

Health: 437 (+89 / per level)
Damage: 54 (+4 / per level)
Attack Range: 165
Armor: 17 (+4.2 / per level)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25 / per level)
Health Regen: +4.7
Attack Speed: 0.665 (+2.65 / per level)
Movement Speed: 325

Prices
Release Influence Points Cost: 7600
Regular Influence Points Cost: 6300
Riot Points Cost: 975

Lore

Slash grew up with Renekton and Nasus, his two greatest friends, mostly becoming friends with Renekton. When the brother's started debating, he found his own way out, asking a mage to send him to a distant world. When the proccess was finally completed, Slash found himself in Valoran. Wandering Valoran in search of something to call home, he eventually found himself in the Fyrone Flats, where bandits attacked him, but they didn't kill him. Instead they tortured him by taking his blood and putting it into an enchanted blade. If Slash was to lose the blade, he would die of blood loss. The bandits knew this and made their mage make the blade two times bigger than Slash's size. This tortured Slash and he was force to march along with his blood in the form of a deadly weapon.

Slash eventually found his way to the League where he decided would fit him for a place to call home, and seek revenge for his torture. He even got to pair up along side his old friend, Renekton. The summoner's not only made the blade light, but left it big, intimidating his foes.

"Slash may be a small kid, but when he is angry, he can draw blood."
- Renekton

Abilities

(Passive) Make Them Bleed

Quote:
When Slash basic attacks an opponent, he gains 10 blood, or 20 blood on critical hits, (maximum 200) the more blood he has aquired the more damage his abilities do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Q) Take The Heads
On Slash's next basic attack he has increased attack range and 1 extra damage per 10 blood he has aquired (scaling over time).

- Type: Basic Attack Enhancement
- Base Damage: 75 / 100 / 125 / 175 / 210 (AD)
- Blood Damage: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 per 10 blood.
- Blood Cost: 200 (ALL the blood you currently have.)
- Cooldown: 6 / 6 / 5 / 5 / 4s
- Range: 210

Quote:
On Slash's next basic attack his blade extends, making him deal 75 (+0) physical damage and 1 bonus damage per 10 blood he has aquired.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(W) Lessen Their Strength
Slash swings his sword blindly forward, if he hits a target he damages it for a percentage of the target's current health. The target is also slowed for a small percentage.

- Type: Skill Shot
- Base Damage: 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% / 35% of target's current health.
- Cooldown: 10 / 9 / 9 / 8 / 7s
- Slow: 4% / 5% / 7% / 10% / 14%
- Range: 165

Quote:
Slash swings his giant blade blindly forward, if he hits a target, it deals 10% of the target's current health in physical damage and also slows the target by 4%.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(E) Take Their Blood
Slash stabs at somebody with his sword, gaining a shield based off a percentage of his current blood, stunning his target, and gains 50 pints of blood. (This ability doesn't use his blood.)

- Type: Buff, Single Target
- Base Damage: 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 (AD)
- Cooldown: 6 / 6 / 5 / 5 / 4s
- Stun: .5 / 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2s
- Shield: 10% / 25% / 30% / 45% / 70% of Slash's blood.
- Shield Duration: 5 / 5 / 6 / 6 / 7

Quote:
Slash stabs a target and deals 25 (+0) physical damage, stuns the target for 0.5 seconds, and adds a shield worth 10% of Slash's current blood. Slash also gains 50 blood if he hits a target.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(R) Blind Blood Shed
Slash swings his sword over and over forward (doing damage per hit) and gains a movement speed buff. He also gains 10 damage per 10 blood he has stored.

Side Note: This is a mixture of a Miss Fortune ultimate, with a smaller range, and a Garen spin, with more damage.

- Type: Skill Shot, Area of Effect
- Base Damage: 50 / 100 / 200 per hit. (AD)
- Blood Damage: 2 / 5 / 7 per 10 blood.
- Blood Cost: 200 (ALL the blood you currently have.)
- Cooldown: 80 / 90 / 100s
- Movement Speed: 25% / 50% / 75%

Quote:
Slash begins to swing his blade back and forth in front of him, dealing 50 (+0) physical damage per hit and 2 extra bonus damage per 10 blood. His movement speed is also increased by 25%.

Emotes

On Select:
"I am ready to kill all of my opponents."

Movement:
"Can we move faster?"
"Did you buy boots?" (RARE)
"Let us destroy them."
"I must kill all of them."

Joke:
"Oh my, I think it's just a papercut."
"Renekton has nothing on me." (If facing an enemy Renekton.)
"Don't let Nasus farm." (If facing an enemy Nasus.)

Taunt:
"Do you enjoy watching others die?"
"Hey! Vampire, you got any blood on ya?" (If facing an enemy Vladimir.)

Death:
"I need... the blood..."

Attack:
"Just die, you fool."
"How can you withstand this pain?"
"Make them bleed."

Ultimate:
"Destroy them!"

Tips

As Slash

- Playing as Slash, while it may seem fairly easy, can be hard. Try to maintain a good sustain against your targets.

- Try to pick Slash when you are going against a champion who can stack health and gain tons of HP early and late game. Using his abilities on these champions will not only make their health useless, but make it a bad option.

- Slash is going to need some armor penetration if he is going up against those tanks or he will not be able to deal enough damage to scare any opponent off, this will also make his ulimate useless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Against Slash

- If you see that Slash has collected a lot of blood, avoid him when he charges you, wait for the blood storage to reduce, therefore you won't take as much damage.

- Try to attack slash when he is either stunned or snared, this way he can't as much damage as he can if he was mobile.

- When Slash is using his ultimate, try to avoid him or run, he will potentially kill you if he lands enough hits on you.

Changelog:

- 2/26/13: Added two CC effects to Slash's abilities.
- 2/27/13: Updated Slash's lore to be more in sync with Renekton's lore.
- 2/27/13: Updated Slash's jokes to have special jokes with Vladimir, Renekton, and Nasus.
- 2/27/13: Made it so Lessen Their Strength indicates that it is target's current health.
- 2/27/13: Added tips to play against Slash.
- 2/27/13: Updated Slash's current ability set.

MORE FEATURES COMING SOON

DalaxV

02-26-2013

I am also aware this champion has virtually no CC; I will fix that later...

Lv99 Mew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

I hate health champs

DalaxV

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finis Phoenix View Post
I hate health champs
I do too. This is why I made slash.

SteelZephyr

02-27-2013

Couple of things I noticed as I went through:

-Lore: Renekton and Nasus aren't from Valoran, from my understanding of it. They're from a distant world.
-Lessen Their Strength: Is it based off of current health or max health?
-Joke: Perhaps those could be special case jokes, like how Vi and Caitlyn have specific taunts when the other of the two is on the opposite team. Something utilizing a blood pun might work out. ("Let's have a bloody good time"? I know it's a swear in England, just not sure how harsh it is.)
-Various typos and wrong words used (wondering Valoran instead of wandering, for instance)
-How will he interact with Vladimir? With the connection to blood, there has to be something there.

DalaxV

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelZephyr View Post
Couple of things I noticed as I went through:

-Lore: Renekton and Nasus aren't from Valoran, from my understanding of it. They're from a distant world.
-Lessen Their Strength: Is it based off of current health or max health?
-Joke: Perhaps those could be special case jokes, like how Vi and Caitlyn have specific taunts when the other of the two is on the opposite team. Something utilizing a blood pun might work out. ("Let's have a bloody good time"? I know it's a swear in England, just not sure how harsh it is.)
-Various typos and wrong words used (wondering Valoran instead of wandering, for instance)
-How will he interact with Vladimir? With the connection to blood, there has to be something there.
Genius, I will work on this now.

DalaxV

02-27-2013

Updated Slash's abilities and lore.

DalaxV

02-27-2013

Added basic statistics for Slash.

DalaxV

02-27-2013

Updated with tips to play against Slash.

DraegonSpawn

02-27-2013

You didn't add cost on the abilities...That would help understand what he can do how soon.
And Take Their Heads damage bonus per blood is way to high for early game, with a few auto attacks against minions it can easily clear the 150 damage range (50 base, 75 ability, 50 blood bonus). To make that bonus controlled just make it scale with ranks as well. I think 1 per 10 blood per rank. That makes it a truck attack late game as well. Finishing at 5 per 10 blood.
Oh and the 4 second stun on Take their Blood, way too much. Most stuns are maxed at 2 seconds.
Just ideas, oh and I envision him looking like an evil Garen getting spliced with Jarven, if that is what you were going for.
I like it.