Going Pro in Season 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Innavation

02-05-2013

if i am anjo is pro i might as well be..

Jiang Yuan

02-05-2013

Day 1: I now make a commitment to improve my league of legend skills and become a pro player.
Day 2: After losing 10 rank games in a row, I give up.

TrenixPL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

It was a challenge trying to take these people seriously. Thanks for the laugh!

Omgwtfbbq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

LOL, I love the part where he says, "I'm looking forward to taking a year off, college is whenever, season 3 is now." That's right, you should definitely advertise that super positive message, well, and you should believe it yourself. Because ****, who needs college. Haha

BestHamCannonNA

02-05-2013

facepalm. he said the remark about college because for the current pro circuit, it is becoming a way to pay the bills. They have found something that they are very good at doing that can support them in this world of harsh economies. on top of that they are having fun. They are not telling people to up and quit school because its a personal option only to someone who has to make the decision, with LoL being more positive in the long run. If i was pro and had the option to switch to being a gamer, i would not because school means more to me... personally. Their emphasis with this video is that riot has brought this game to the place that the other top tier of competition games are at. In the realm where the difficulty puts pro players above the average player, just as it is in normalized physical sports.
I would never laugh at someone who lived their life as a pro chess player, so why laugh at someone who embodies the same spirit, but with a keyboard and mouse in front of them?

R3dund4ncy

02-05-2013

I wanted to go pro, then I realized I live in Australia, totally ruling this out. But I guess few people are lucky enough to get to play with Sona + 40% CDR with a ping spiking to 800ms while spamming QWE and watching the psychedelic tripout erupt all over the screen. Not as good as drugs, but it's cheaper and (probably) healthier.

In all seriousness, this whole thing seems to just be a gap filler while Riot tries to find something else to show us. I guess it would be more beneficial if they showed stuff like this to the people who laugh at gamers and LoL players, and it is interesting to see the pro player's talking about the reasons for their dedication to the game, but still, I don't see it as a valuable resource, or does it hold any particular interest as a whole.

Dynamanite

02-05-2013

man too me this aint a sport either how do u go pro in this come on people dont forget the passion please PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hiroshi Watanabe

02-05-2013

xPeke it's a pretty good looking guy...

i am Anjo

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel the kille View Post
if i am anjo is pro i might as well be..
what's that supposed to mean

chezwickcheese

02-05-2013

Why are the majority of pro gamers such mutants? No joke they all have oddly shaped craniums and weird oily faces.