CryoFlame, the Frozen Inferno

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rykaal

02-05-2013

Roles: Melee AP

Cryoflame is a melee AP who can switch between two stances, one being
high burst damage, the other being a high CC stance. Cryoflame starts
off using his FlareCore. (fire stance)

Appearance: Simmilar to the Cryocore brand skin, but more cybernetic,
and changes color from red / blue on core swap. Also his head is on
fire in FlareCore stance, or frozen in a block of ice in CryoCore
stance. Several blinking lights and robotic looking equipment all over
his arm and chest. (core is displayed on his chest, glowing red / white
depending on stance) left arm is a missle cannon, right arm is a
metalic hand.

Lore: Cryoflame wasn't allways a mechanical being, He was once just an ordinnary factory worker in Noxus, until one day he had a horrible accident... A huge malfunction in one of the machines caused his entire body to die out, his mind still remained perfectly intact, he was rushed out to Zuan to get a new body made. For several weeks, his new body was going under maintanace. Until they decided to try out a new Fire and Ice core system on this new body, The proccess was a success and Cryoflame was born.

So excited with their success of a new killing machine, The scientists who created his body thought he would do well as a champion to fight for Zuan in the league of legends. His massive victory streak has made alot of summoners fear this cybernetic creation.

The armies of Demacia have made a new enemy that day...

Abilites:

Passive: Ice shatter: Cryoflame's basic attacks deal 25% bonus magic
damage to targets affected by CryoFreeze while FlareCore is active.
While in CryoCore adds an additional 10% slow to his basic attacks if
the target is affected by Flame Ignition.

--------------------------------------------

Q: Core Swap: Cryoflame switches his current core to the currently
innactive one. 14 / 11 / 8 / 6 / 5 second cooldown. no cost

CryoCore: Cryoflame's basic attacks affect the target with Cryofreeze,
slowing the target by 10% stacking up to 3 times.

FlareCore: Cryoflame's basic attacks ignite the target with Flame
Ignition dealing 3% of the targets maximum health as magic damage over 2
seconds, this effect stacks up to 3 times.

Passive: CryoFlame gains 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10% spell penetration.

---------------------------------------------

W: Molten / Frozen Fist: 14 / 12 / 10 / 8 / 6 / 4 second cooldown.
70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 115 mana cost

Molten Fist: Cryoflame slams his current target firing off a 400 range AoE off of the target, dealing 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 85 (50% AP) magic damage per stack of Flame Ignition.

Frozen Fist: Cryoflame slams his current target shattering his
CryoFreeze stacks on the target, stunning the target for .5 seconds per
stack, and removing all CryoFreeze stacks on the target and dealing 50
/ 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 (50% AP) as magic damage to the target.

E: Flaming Dash / Frozen Spikes: 24 / 22 / 20 / 18 / 14 second cooldown
80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 mana cost

Flaming Dash: Cryoflame gains 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% 60% increased movement speed and leaves a trail of fire behind him dealing 60 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 (50% AP) magic damage per second to all enemies and applies 1 stack of Flame Ignition per second to enemies who stand in the trail.
lasts 5 seconds

Frozen Spikes: Cryoflame stomps on the ground creating a ring of frozen spikes outward at an 800 yard range. after a 1 second delay, the spikes move into CryoFlame and drag all enemies on the trail to him and dealing 40 / 60 / 75 / 85 / 100 (40% AP) magic damage and applies 1 stack of CryoFreeze.

R: Power of Frost / Flame: Cryoflame unleashes the ultimate
power of his current core. 130 / 120 / 110 second cooldown.
120 / 150 / 180 mana cost.

FlareCore: Cryoflame raises the heat levels of the world within 1000 range of him, dealing constant damage over time based on his Flame Ignition stacks on each target, and gaining 30 / 45 / 60 / bonus armor and magic resist. lasts 8 seconds, can be canceled mid use to instead deal all the remaining damage to the targets at once, but removes the armor and resist buff.

CryoCore: Cryoflame channels a flurry of ice around him over 2 seconds, slowing enemies in the area by 55% for 4 seconds, Cryoflame then fires off 2 Frozen Grenades, stunning the targets hit for 1 seconds and dealing 150 / 200 / 250 magic damage on hit. The same target cannot be hit by both grenades.

I am quite proud of this one. Put alot of effort into it, and so far is my favorite of all my concepts. Feel free to leave feedback.

MMHSTerror

02-06-2013

The sheer amount of Cryo's make it annoying to read -_- you should format it with bolds or underlines.

Evaluation Time!

Q's FlareCore passive is pretty high for a basic ability. You should decrease the initial damage per stack as this is just an on-hit passive effect.
In comparison to the FlareCore, CryoCore's effect as Q is essentially useless.

Molten Fist is a bit confusing, if you slam the target, it implies melee range, but firing off a 400 range AoE? That suggests it is distance, or did you mean the hit is an AoE around the target? In conjunction with Flame Ignition's high damage, seems pretty cheap even if it is meant as burst.

Frozen Fist seems okay, not very creative though.

Flaming Dash seems to be driving your champion away from the burst side and more to a extremely high DoT caster.

Frozen Spikes seems creative, maybe consider a range for it?

Ultimate
With FlareCore it is an ult that potentially deals zero damage if they do not possess any stacks and only granting bonus reductions. (Why are there 4 levels of it?)

CryoCore...honestly this is just Rumble's ultimate but without the DoT and with an added stun. It isn't great but you should add more details to the skill.

Your effort into the concept can be seen, however, the kit itself does not have good synergy. It seems like you just threw in damage wherever you can to attempt to give him high burst, but I see him more as a high DoT champion.

Rykaal

02-06-2013

Just noticed the 4 rank ult... fixed

Rykaal

02-07-2013

Bump. Also changed his ice ult up a bit.

DryRun

02-25-2013

A review for you -

Lore -
Ok but not great. It is lacking -
Anything about his personality
His motivation
Also, it doesnt seem to fit the Lol world. Why would Noxus care about a factor worker?
Personally, i think you would get more sympathy for a character that was a poor factory worker that volunteered for experiments to feed his family and was forced/duped into going too far, then maybe he swore vengeance (to obvious?) but then has his memory wiped and he now fights for the same monsters that did this to him. Yada yada.

RANGED or MELEE?

Passive -
Standard between stance swap cross synergy. Its legit.

Q -
A few problems i think -
1 - free slow way to strong. Perma ashe like slow for free.
2 - a fair bit of free magic damage super teemo poison. also no scaling at all? might as well build pure tank. or just attack speed?
Compare these to Ashe and Teemo please.

W -
I like the idea here but i am bit confused with the details. 0.5% ap scaling is basically nothing. Like 600 AP would scale to 3 damage...

E -
Missing the scaling. Unless there is none, so again you would only build pure tank, and then i think you would only use the ice mode since it has CC.

R -
1 - finish this with some numbers and i can comment later
2 - I like the double stun. Its a bit unique.
I would Focus on just one Ult, or make the ult more of another ability maybe that can make more use of his switching stances.

Rykaal

02-26-2013

Fixed up a bit of the scaling, other issues, going to rework the lore when I have time.