Atma's Impaler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plasmafrog

02-05-2013

It's alright on Jarven, Sion, and Garen. That's about it and the reason why you never see it.

NotBuzzJack

02-05-2013

It's not allowed to be good because when it is then it's too good.

Cloud Potato

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
Crit is one the few things that counters hp stacking.. Any item that adds crit is fantastic right now. This has also created the side affect of burst AP champs failing a tad right now..
Crit boosts your damage by it's percentage (since 100% crit means 100% more damage all the time), so it's merely a damage boosting stat, rather than a counter. It only becomes good after some AD, and if you have enough HP to make Atma's look good, you probably don't have enough AD.

Quintessence

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WovN View Post
Exec calling used to be cost efficient in like s1

Hell, rageblade is by far the definition of cost efficient

why no1 buy it
Rageblade used to be the definition of cost efficient.

Yuffy Kisaragi

02-05-2013

b/c people just follow what the sheople on the forums say and what they see on streams/tourneys

FeenicksPhyre

02-05-2013

This is kinda one of those items that suffers from the same thing as Force of Nature did, except far worse
As a tank I build a lot of health, so Atma's Impaler seems like a good choice. But usually either I die first, or I'm busy trying to CC/peel/disrupt to be much of a threat with bonus AD. On top of that, I usually won't have any other AD to make use of the crit, nor will I have any attack speed to go with it.
That, and it's a really selfish item
As a tank, after I has Sunfire/Warmog's/Spirit Visage/etc Why would I get Atma's when I could Runic Bulwark and help my team out as well?

Boldat

02-05-2013

Its Because *****es who Bought it way Back got Better Bits to Buy.
*Bow*

HueHueHue Esnum1

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuffy Kisaragi View Post
b/c people just follow what the sheople on the forums say and what they see on streams/tourneys
wat is math

Eddy01741

02-05-2013

If it were ~800 gold cheaper and had no crit stat it'd instantly become a popular pick again. It's always had great gold efficiency, less so after the nerf but still. It's just that stupid crit chance stat.

It still would have bad slot efficiency though even if crit was removed (~1500 gold item with no upgrades), but I feel that it'd be strong enough to be used anyways. Buy it early-mid game, sell it super late game if you get there.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

its a lategame item. by the time you reach lategame, its stats are so low, that its slot inefficient.

its trash since the nerf.