Why are so many supports falling off?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerzs

02-08-2013

My team used to run supports a lot, but in our opinion, everyone contributes some sort of damage (as a united team) to take out the enemy (my perspective)
Well you can argue with me cause I don't know supports well ._.
-But I see supports as nasty cc champs and really good disruptors which is really really good if ur team is strong enough to withstand 4 champs top lane with only 3 damage-dealers + heavy cc!

-Support champions can also relle hurt enemy team comps like what konfetarius said
-Karma (the mantra + soul shield + bft + good ap with tankiness) can relle crush bruisers LOL, it's pretty sad cause we took a beating from a karma once
-Zilean (time bombs that do 350 or something with good ap can be relle annoying, especially with good map awareness. MMKH has showed how annoying and disruptive a zilean can be with 40% CD (the ultimates for reviving are like 20 seconds D::::)
-Also have Nunu, he can't do much damage, but he's a scumbag (ask armor), he's so tanky that if you can't secure a decisive victory early, nunu will be classified as a tanky derp support that although he won't do much damage, his tankiness and ice balls will be annoying)
-There's too many others =/ (Thresh has a passive that doesn't go well in dominion.....)

-But in conclusion, I see supports as .. supports (cc, backup, shield), but I see other champions who have stuns up their sleeve, and a stun is all u need to turn over a battle (like Annie's stun which ALSO applies a lot of damage~)
-There was another conclusion that if for example: 4 teammates (1 is a support), vs 4 enemies top, and if the fight breaks out and 3 of your teammates die and your the support, you cannot really finish the enemies off... cause you do very little damage.... (unless ur MMKH running ap taric that ko's bruisers)
-Otherwise, runic bulwark, zekes, etc can be built on other champions, not only supports, so yeah~ I've seen Sifu's team do it

~So am I saying don't play supports? NO~!~ imo, I know you through solo Q, and ur a spectacular support! It's just my opinion, and teams that have a really good trio Eg: (blind pick bandits always had 3 unified attackers + zimike's support) can do perfectly fine~
-What matters most is teamwork ~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harate

02-08-2013

I think Janna, lulu, and sona are still strong for their cc and kiting ability.