Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why are so many supports falling off?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerzs

02-08-2013

My team used to run supports a lot, but in our opinion, everyone contributes some sort of damage (as a united team) to take out the enemy (my perspective)
Well you can argue with me cause I don't know supports well ._.
-But I see supports as nasty cc champs and really good disruptors which is really really good if ur team is strong enough to withstand 4 champs top lane with only 3 damage-dealers + heavy cc!

-Support champions can also relle hurt enemy team comps like what konfetarius said
-Karma (the mantra + soul shield + bft + good ap with tankiness) can relle crush bruisers LOL, it's pretty sad cause we took a beating from a karma once
-Zilean (time bombs that do 350 or something with good ap can be relle annoying, especially with good map awareness. MMKH has showed how annoying and disruptive a zilean can be with 40% CD (the ultimates for reviving are like 20 seconds D:::
-Also have Nunu, he can't do much damage, but he's a scumbag (ask armor), he's so tanky that if you can't secure a decisive victory early, nunu will be classified as a tanky derp support that although he won't do much damage, his tankiness and ice balls will be annoying)
-There's too many others =/ (Thresh has a passive that doesn't go well in dominion.....)

-But in conclusion, I see supports as .. supports (cc, backup, shield), but I see other champions who have stuns up their sleeve, and a stun is all u need to turn over a battle (like Annie's stun which ALSO applies a lot of damage~)
-There was another conclusion that if for example: 4 teammates (1 is a support), vs 4 enemies top, and if the fight breaks out and 3 of your teammates die and your the support, you cannot really finish the enemies off... cause you do very little damage.... (unless ur MMKH running ap taric that ko's bruisers)
-Otherwise, runic bulwark, zekes, etc can be built on other champions, not only supports, so yeah~ I've seen Sifu's team do it

~So am I saying don't play supports? NO~!~ imo, I know you through solo Q, and ur a spectacular support! It's just my opinion, and teams that have a really good trio Eg: (blind pick bandits always had 3 unified attackers + zimike's support) can do perfectly fine~
-What matters most is teamwork ~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harate

02-08-2013

I think Janna, lulu, and sona are still strong for their cc and kiting ability.