What I really want in League.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

I would be so beyond happy if League of Legends would adopt some sort of guild system.

What Would it Do?

All it would have to be is a glorified chat room. The guild would have a name, perhaps allowing players to see what guild others are in by looking at their profile and outside of matches.

There are a lot of features which cool to have, but that is honestly all it would need to do.

Why Does it Matter?

The whole purpose of this system is that it would encourage players to interact, and group up with each other, and do you know what happens when players queue as a group? They don't have to deal with trolls, the team is coordinated, and there are less tempers overall.

A guild would be nothing more than a vehicle which attempts to cause players to group together, because if players normally queued as a group of five, this would improve the game tenfold.

Most importantly though, if players had a quick resource to gaining a 5 man group, team 5s might eventually overtake solo queue, and that would be good for everyone.

MephyRunsAllDay

02-05-2013

Ranked Team, maybe?

Pattata

02-05-2013

We already have chat rooms, and someone proposed having chat rooms specific to our divisions a few days ago and some rioter said they were going to toss the idea around. Sounds about the same.

Aean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOTFTOOKMYNAME View Post
We already have chat rooms, and someone proposed having chat rooms specific to our divisions a few days ago and some rioter said they were going to toss the idea around. Sounds about the same.
The problem is that there is absolutely no encouragement to be in a chat room, and most are dead. Sure, we have a friend system, but rarely do friends talk to each other like they do in guild chats of other games, and even more rarely do they speak to friends of friends.

Exploding Barrel

02-05-2013

Do you know that you can create a chat room, give the name of it to your friends, and have everyone set it to auto-open upon login? It sounds like that pretty much nails what you're looking for.

Aean

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Do you know that you can create a chat room, give the name of it to your friends, and have everyone set it to auto-open upon login? It sounds like that pretty much nails what you're looking for.
Kind of, the problem is that its a very underused feature and doesn't have the kind of control it would require. I suggest a guild because it would be something many players would do, wouldn't be so out of the way, and would encourage grouping much more than a chat room.

Narssisstic

02-05-2013

I forget LoL even has a chat system outside of PMing friends.

Aean

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narssisstic View Post
I forget LoL even has a chat system outside of PMing friends.
This is the problem. I really want some sort of system that encourages people to interact with each other.

A lot of people say this game has a terrible community, but the majority of the players in this game are great people, its just that they aren't as memorable as trolls or feeders and once you play a game with them they are usually gone forever.

A guild system would manage to help both ways, make good players more memorable because you talk with them and play with them, and make trolls less common in your games.

Aean

02-05-2013

bump