Learning frustrations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Im S0fa King

02-06-2013

Mid doesn't necessarily have to be an AP mage. As for top lane suggestions, newer players typically do better with ranged champs as melee champs tend to require you to take more risks while last hitting. Two ranged champs that often go top are Teemo and Jayce, as they both counter a lot of melee champs that go top lane a lot. Teemo's easier to play as his q is targeted, and a large part would be learning where to place his mushrooms. Jayce sort of has 7 skills, so is very versatile, but would probably take some practice to get used to.

I can see why you might have trouble laning as Vlad if you aren't typically good at mid. Vladimir typically has a weak early game. Assassin champions also often go mid, specifically because they counter many AP mids. I'm not sure how well an assassin champ would fit your play style though.

Granis25

02-06-2013

Oh yeah, I didn't know what was going on, Thresh went to the brush I warded and was able to kill my wards.

Im S0fa King

02-06-2013

He either had an oracles or dropped a pink ward into the bush, the latter being more likely. Pink wards (vision wards) give sight of stealthed champs and objects in their range, such as wards themselves.

Im S0fa King

02-06-2013

And the oracle's elixir grants vision of stealthed objects and champs for 5 minutes (or until death). You can tell if someone used one because a pink eye will be floating above their head. Using an oracle's elixir tends to get you focused a bit more.

Granis25

02-06-2013

I don't think I own that many assasin's though, unless Twitch counts, and the last time I midded with him was a disaster. I guess I could try Kha'zix, but he's a melee fighter so I don't know how well he'd do, mostly bought him cause I wanted a new jungler because Warwick hasn't been going well.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

02-06-2013

Going pro with 1 or 2 champs will allow you to reach a much higher tier in skill than being average at alot of champs and roles. Plus, picking decent champs that are not "commonly banned", and very solid picks in their respective roles, all simultaneously. Quite a few meet this criteria, and for me to list them would be too broad of a list for my taste. I must warn that like you may pick volibear, but after enough games you understand that there is other top laners that do what volibear does but better. So you end up rerolling, and nothing wrong with this.

You also have to have strategies in mind on how you will get ahead of the enemies. You can't just blindly play and hope you go ahead of your enemies by luck. You GOT to know HOW exactly you are going to get ahead of them, and be able to pull it off consistently.

Understand that alot of the non-strategy skill part of it comes from experience, and time spent thinking about and playing the game. What ever you spend time on you get pro at, you could get pro at any thing within the boundaries of the rules of "magick".

wHiSkErTeMx73744

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granis25 View Post
Thing is, I have a hard time nailing down a singular champion to practice with. That's why being assigned a role on a team to team basis is usually how I select one to play at the given time. granted, keep in mind I tend to stick to maybe 1 champion per role, unless I feel like switching it up because I've been doing badly with a given champion. (for example, with Warwick I tend to fall behind and can't gank well, so I've been thinking about jungling with Kha'zix from now on since I heard he can move throught he jungle fast and gank better, better mobility etc.)

I'm mostly sticking to Twitch with ADCs becuase, well, I struggle equally with all the ADCs I like. My prevous ADC was AD Ezreal and I got frustrated with never being able to last hit or land a skillshot worth a damn. My Twitch CS is seems to be better than my AD Ezreal CS, I don't know why that is.

Oddly, my last game was support Soraka, and, unlike when I jungle or ADC, I didn't get yelled at at all, Yeah I wasn't doing good, didn't have a solid build, Thresh de-warded all my wards, and bot lane was fairly passive. and Graves lost CS because I was just doing my best to heal and throw out silences occasionally, but Graves never pushed out, though to be fair I didn't grab Starcall till level 5. (the Soraka guide I read suggested to max the heal and Infuse over it.)

Yet, I didn't get yelled at, but Graves caught some for having poor CS. When it could've been my fault for not supporting well.
Well, it seems that you don't care what champion you play, but you care about people raging at you.

I don't know what to say. If you don't take a more decisive approach, or adopt a more relaxed mentality, you're going to be stuck. Keep playing new champions until you find one you really like. Then start from there. And always remember: even with your best champion, there will be games where you do TERRIBLY. My favorite champion used to be Veigar. I would go 25/1/12 some games (I never get away with not dying ... but anyway) But quite a few times (3, to be exact), I've gotten scores as low as 0/7/0, and 0/9/0. Those are the games that make you want to throw your computer out the window and never play League again. But it happens. Remember that.

Dog0fWar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granis25 View Post
So, I'm not exactly new to the game, but you can probably best describe me as someone who is still struggling.

Now, I've reached out to people to "help me" before, but whatever they've said kinda flew over my head in the few amounts of times I've actually gotten to talk to people about improving. And I've ran into a corner in terms of finding anyone else for advice.

At this point I'm afraid to even play because I usually just ask what role isn't taken and just play what the team need, reguardless of my own experience, I do what I'm told, well, to the best of my abilty anyway, but people still rage at me, call me a troll, etc.

Sometimes I have a rough early game and feed, other time I think I do pretty well early (compared to other early games) but get destroyed mid to late.

At a loss for what to do, I wound up buying an hour of coaching from a professional. now, personally I think it's just neat and worth the price to talk to a bigger/stronger player, I don't know if what the coach will say will fly over my head as much as the other advice I've gotten from people trying to teach me for free.

I feel nervous every time I sit down to play, but, should I look forward to the coaching I paid for and keep with it? I'm only Summoner level 19, by the way.
No No Don't pay people to coach you, find players like myself who would do it for free, all in fun.

Add me if you want someone to play with.