Learning frustrations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Interceptor09

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granis25 View Post
Thanks for the advice. But.... I can't help but feel they're right because of seeing the... umm, facts. bad CS, losing lanes, dying, makes me feel like they were right to be angry with me, which is why I feel like I can't ignore my team. That's why I try to be a team player and admit that I played badly, and otherwise do as my team instructs.
dude you have to remember- you are playing with the worst of the worst of this playerbase. the matchmaking system ends up putting new players with other new players, or really bad players, or players who are just here to troll, and players who consistently afk/ragequit. basically people who lose a lot.

to an extant you are a victim of the system. the only way out is to win. and winning is very difficult under these conditions. dont let your teammates get you down, just focus on improving your game and hope you get lucky with rational and mature teammates who also want to win.

its irritating I know. but theres absolutely nothing you can do except focus on improving yourself, and hope you get lucky with matchmaking.

spookachome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

You can add me as well if you like, I'll try to answer any questions that you have. I have unwavering patience so don't fret.

Granis25

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatONeillGuy View Post
Raging is never acceptable; your performance is irrelevant.

Have you ever played better because your teammates were yelling at you? If so, you're a rarity. Most people (myself included) do worse. This game is complicated and fast-paced enough as it is. You don't need the added distraction of knowing that your teammates are just waiting to pounce on your every mistake.

Another question: do these people ever give you advice when it can actually help? Things like "wukong snaps into idle when he pops his decoy," or "vi in our jungle. care," or "abyssal pls mumu"? Or is it just a string of "thx for feed akali noob gg," and "This Trist. 45 farm. So pro," and spammed back-pings when you're already dead?

Don't get me wrong. It's good to admit when you've made mistakes, and for most people, that's the hardest part. It's just that no one has the right to rage.

Besides, just glancing through a couple of your recent matches, a lot of your teammates did pretty badly too. Not saying any of them necessarily raged at you, only that you aren't exactly getting Diamond smurfs on your teams. Remember that some people are quick to look for anyone else to blame when they do poorly in a match.
Well, to answer your question, nah, none of them really helped. like for example, in my two recent games as ADC (playing Twitch), the first one I had no support in bottom with me and bot was a 2v1 lane (sometimes 3v1 when Elise came to gank.) the Lux support spent the entire game roaming and helping Shaco get buffs. However, I didn't want to blame others, I took responsibility and just said I sucked when they accused me of trolling.

the most recent Twitch game, well, I actually think I did better early game that time, the Taric there was pretty helpful, but things really went south mid to lategame when we had a leaver and I got focused really hard, mostly because my somewhat better early game came scrreching to a halt when Taric had to top to replace the leaver and I was having a hard time finishing out my items. Once again, I didn't blame anyone else, I thought that I wasn't being as careful as I should have been and run a little bit sooner.

Oh, I added you, by the way. I'm gonna get around to adding everyone else, too who offered.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

02-06-2013

This is the problem. You have to realize that to play this game well, you're going to have to invade some feelings.

You can see for yourself. Think. What happens when you don't want to bother anybody? You end up getting last pick (nothing wrong with that, but bear with me). What happens when you get last pick? You might end up with a role you are not good at. And what happens when you play a role you aren't good at? Often times, that equates to champions you aren't familiar with (which is why I gave you the advice, "play whatever you are good at"). And what does playing an unfamiliar champion entail? Generally, low scores, high rates of feeding, yadda yadda yadda. Bottom line? If you're not playing what you want to play, you're not going to play well, and thus will be raged at. Someone else gave good advice; having a few champions of each role will help mitigate the problem of not being able to fulfill a role, and is a better option than my "play whatever you want" option. But both of these methods are better than trying to play a champion you know you're not good at, especially if you care about the game or what people think of you (remember what I said in my first post?).

This is a team game. If you're not ready to burst some personal bubbles, you're not ready to play as a team. That said, please, feel free to add me. This account is level 30, so if you want to play with me on a lower level, add "Spam Waffle Taco". He's currently a level 9, and I've been playing him more often as of recent. I can help you with a lot of topics, although I'm not as good as any ranked player. I would love to be of service. Hope I helped you out here.

ThatONeillGuy

02-06-2013

Yeah, it's pointless to blame your teammates for a loss since you can't do anything about them and you'll probably never see them again. You just can't go too far in the other direction and let them use you as a punching bag. (Note that blaming and offering suggestions are two different things, though.)

I find myself in quite a few 1v2 lanes as ADC as well, though I play Ezreal rather than Twitch. It's probably a lot easier as Ez since I can usually Arcane Shift to safety as needed, but I expect the basics are pretty much the same. Just play extremely passively and practice farming under your turret--it's a good skill to learn in any case. Your lane opponents may also get impatient and make a bad dive, which in the best case scenario can net you a double kill. Another thing to keep in mind is that playing 1v2 eventually gives you an automatic level advantage over your them, as long as you don't die or get forced out.

Another lesson I had to learn was when to let a turret die. In most cases you want to defend them whenever possible since they're so important, but if it's going to go down no matter what you do, run. It hurts to lose a tower, but it hurts even more to lose one while feeding a kill.

Hope to catch a match with you soon!

Granis25

02-06-2013

Thing is, I have a hard time nailing down a singular champion to practice with. That's why being assigned a role on a team to team basis is usually how I select one to play at the given time. granted, keep in mind I tend to stick to maybe 1 champion per role, unless I feel like switching it up because I've been doing badly with a given champion. (for example, with Warwick I tend to fall behind and can't gank well, so I've been thinking about jungling with Kha'zix from now on since I heard he can move throught he jungle fast and gank better, better mobility etc.)

I'm mostly sticking to Twitch with ADCs becuase, well, I struggle equally with all the ADCs I like. My prevous ADC was AD Ezreal and I got frustrated with never being able to last hit or land a skillshot worth a damn. My Twitch CS is seems to be better than my AD Ezreal CS, I don't know why that is.

Oddly, my last game was support Soraka, and, unlike when I jungle or ADC, I didn't get yelled at at all, Yeah I wasn't doing good, didn't have a solid build, Thresh de-warded all my wards, and bot lane was fairly passive. and Graves lost CS because I was just doing my best to heal and throw out silences occasionally, but Graves never pushed out, though to be fair I didn't grab Starcall till level 5. (the Soraka guide I read suggested to max the heal and Infuse over it.)

Yet, I didn't get yelled at, but Graves caught some for having poor CS. When it could've been my fault for not supporting well.

Im S0fa King

02-06-2013

Which champion do you tend to pick for each role? And I'd suggest refraining from jungling until you've gotten all the lanes down well.

Supports tend to get less flak than the ADCs (as long as they don't feed), and that's just something that people tend to do.

One thing I might suggest is practicing doing nothing but last hitting for a while in custom games. Yes, it's boring, but cs is very important and increasing your count will help your game a lot.

ThatONeillGuy

02-06-2013

People are counter-warding in your games? o_O People in my games rarely get wards at all, let alone oracle's/pink wards.

Also forgot to mention it before, but I was surprised to hear you'd been jungling so often. Most people don't even bother until 20 (and the majority of my games still don't have junglers or supports).

Granis25

02-06-2013

ADC: Twitch (used to be Ezreal)

Support: Soraka

Top: Wukong (struggle so hard with this, may have to try out a new champion here.)

Jungle: Warwick (used to be Trundle, may switch to Kha'zix.)

Mid: Honestly, no idea, AP mages are my worst role by FAR. one I'm most comfortable with is Vlad, and even using him I do worse than I do as Top or Jungler.

UndeadKaiser

02-06-2013

Not sure if this has been said or not yet, but I'm personally a big fan of the build guides on mobafire.com.

The way I would go about it is:
Find a champ you really dig. (Looks, Skills, Play Style, and even Lore)
Find a decently rated guide on mob afire.
Read the ENTIRE guide. There is a lot of insight in there.
Profit.

Hopefully this helps!