I played well over a THOUSAND dominion games with no revive...

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
One of these summoner spells is used in conjunction with moment-to-moment strategic decisions . The other is used in conjunction with moment-to-moment strategic decisions. Just because the decisions are different does not mean one offers more or less of a discrete "amount of gameplay".

Whoa.
Sorry, but you're wrong because you're ignoring one key element. Flash augments other abilities, the popularity of Flash has very little to do with its stand alone capabilities whereas the popularity of Revive has everything to do with Revive's stand alone capabilities. In other words, Flash becomes part of a combo whereas Revive is the whole play (the only possible exceptions being Panth, TF, and Shen because of their ults).

It's not the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrCodPiece View Post
I keep hearing about the usefulness of revive, but as a person who takes the bot lane a lot (with great success), I luv having ignite and exhaust. Revive is nice if you die at a point where not helping your team will lose you the game; furthermore, it is great for defending, or if u can global ult to somewhere instantly. When I am taking the bot lane, I usually have a tanky or pokey champ, where lowering the enemy and in one quick instance, they are losing health, regen, speed, and resistance while I am healthy usually translates to a kill and capture. If someone uses the map's health restoring points effectively will keep u alive and you wont need to revive so much.
If you don't have Revive and I have Revive on a botlane. I can go all in on you even if I know I will lose. Then I Revive myself, rape you and take your turret.


Every time I read the name Original Duck, I want to skip the entire post because it's mostly bull****erry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
If you don't have Revive and I have Revive on a botlane. I can go all in on you even if I know I will lose. Then I Revive myself, rape you and take your turret.


Every time I read the name Original Duck, I want to skip the entire post because it's mostly bull****erry.
Kid, everything I post is true. Pull your head out of your arrogant ass and try to learn something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-10-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3107630
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3085012

Just some examples, especially that Garen vs Soraka topic...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
My insides are bursting with chuckles. You clearly don't understand the extremely specialized method in how Dom is balanced between AP and AD champs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck
Flash is really, really bad for the game mode; when a spell goes from being a popular pick, like Ignite, to being a mandatory pick if you want to win, like Flash is now, it's a bad thing.
Fixed that for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
My insides are bursting with chuckles. You clearly don't understand the extremely specialized method in how Dom is balanced between AP and AD champs.
What balance?

I had a good laugh re-reading the Garen vs Soraka topic


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong because you're ignoring one key element. Flash augments other abilities, the popularity of Flash has very little to do with its stand alone capabilities whereas the popularity of Revive has everything to do with Revive's stand alone capabilities. In other words, Flash becomes part of a combo whereas Revive is the whole play (the only possible exceptions being Panth, TF, and Shen because of their ults).

It's not the same.
Let's ignore one of the most common uses of Flash, which consists of flashing over a wall or back towards your turret to safety! Seems pretty standalone to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Let's ignore one of the most common uses of Flash, which consists of flashing over a wall or back towards your turret to safety! Seems pretty standalone to me.
Those aren't the most common uses. Using Flash well means knowing when to combo it offensively to pick up a kill or dive as well as knowing how you can combine it with other defensive abilities to give yourself a large amount of safety in what would otherwise be a "completely screwed" situation.

Revive does not offer that same level of ingenuity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Those aren't the most common uses. Using Flash well means knowing when to combo it offensively to pick up a kill or dive as well as knowing how you can combine it with other defensive abilities to give yourself a large amount of safety in what would otherwise be a "completely screwed" situation.

Revive does not offer that same level of ingenuity.
Flash is more like a free gap closer.

I'm Alistar, flash Q W done
Galio, flash R

Want to escape? Flash a wall.

This is all the 'knowing'.

Using Revive is also 'knowing'. If you get killed as a botlaner, but the enemy botlaner recalls, then it's wise to not Revive and safe it for a better moment.


1234567 ... 8