I played well over a THOUSAND dominion games with no revive...

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Revive is really, really bad for the game mode; when a spell goes from being a popular pick, like Ignite, to being a mandatory pick if you want to win, like Revive is now, it's a bad thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XantheInsane

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Revive is really, really bad for the game mode; when a spell goes from being a popular pick, like Ignite, to being a mandatory pick if you want to win, like Revive is now, it's a bad thing.
.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Revive is really, really bad for the game mode; when a spell goes from being a popular pick, like Ignite, to being a mandatory pick if you want to win, like Revive is now, it's a bad thing.
It's mandatory because it's the best, and there will always be a best summoner that is therefore mandatory.

If it's not Revive it'll be Garrison, and if it's not Garrison it'll be Exhaust.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rewenger

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Why everyone takes Flash in SR? Because this spell allows you to achieve "impossible". You got caught, but you press it and you don't feed enemy large amounts of gold or experience. Why everyone takes Revive in dominion? Because it allows you to fix the number advantage, rapidly creating extra fighting body to achieve something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
It's mandatory because it's the best, and there will always be a best summoner that is therefore mandatory.

If it's not Revive it'll be Garrison, and if it's not Garrison it'll be Exhaust.
This is horrendously false. A 5 Garrison team would be worse than a 3 Garrison team and a couple Exhaust/Ignites/Ghost. A 5 Exhaust team would be worse than a 3 Exhaust team with a couple of Ignites/Garrison/Heal/Ghost. Most of the summoner spells mesh well with one another. Revive is a stand alone spell, Revive has no synergy with other spells aside from maybe Ghost. The goal with summoner spells should be to look at your entire team's spell picks and then pick spells that augment the overall effectiveness you team will bring via summoner spells. It should not be "hey, this one's best, pick it no matter what"; if that's ever the scenario, then things need to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XantheInsane View Post
.
That's very cute, and you'd have a point if you could make the same statement about any upgraded boots, but you can't. While boots1 are mandatory, there's a large variety at hand when it comes time to upgrade them. You may as well have posted a health pot or a Ruby Crystal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Contrary to what you believe, there is more than one summoner spell slot. If five Revive wasn't the thing to do then it would be five of whatever the next best summoner is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tasty Confection

Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrCodPiece View Post
I keep hearing about the usefulness of revive, but as a person who takes the bot lane a lot (with great success), I luv having ignite and exhaust. Revive is nice if you die at a point where not helping your team will lose you the game; furthermore, it is great for defending, or if u can global ult to somewhere instantly. When I am taking the bot lane, I usually have a tanky or pokey champ, where lowering the enemy and in one quick instance, they are losing health, regen, speed, and resistance while I am healthy usually translates to a kill and capture. If someone uses the map's health restoring points effectively will keep u alive and you wont need to revive so much.
Revive is actually just as crucial for bot lane. What if you die and the enemy is smart enough to ignore the minion wave and gun straight for your point while you're down? You have to either hope someone on your team is already close enough to stop the cap, or (if you brought Revive) hit your D key and run down yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Revive is really, really bad for the game mode; when a spell goes from being a popular pick, like Ignite, to being a mandatory pick if you want to win, like Revive is now, it's a bad thing.
I take it you have the same qualms with Flash on SR/TT?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Confection View Post
Revive is actually just as crucial for bot lane. What if you die and the enemy is smart enough to ignore the minion wave and gun straight for your point while you're down? You have to either hope someone on your team is already close enough to stop the cap, or (if you brought Revive) hit your D key and run down yourself.



I take it you have the same qualms with Flash on SR/TT?
I don't, actually. I don't like that 10 Flash is a hard set rule, but I have to acknowledge that Flash meshes well many other Summoner Spells and champion abilities. Flash augments pretty much every ability in the game. Revive doesn't offer that same amount of gameplay.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volandum

Senior Member

02-10-2013

I despise flash and think it makes a mockery of careful positioning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Flash augments pretty much every ability in the game. Revive doesn't offer that same amount of gameplay.
One of these summoner spells is used in conjunction with moment-to-moment strategic decisions . The other is used in conjunction with moment-to-moment strategic decisions. Just because the decisions are different does not mean one offers more or less of a discrete "amount of gameplay".

Whoa.


123456 ... 8