Korean Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jewbee

02-05-2013

After playing a few games with some friends in 5's we were getting impatient with how long the North American meta takes (games were taking approximately 40 - 50 minutes), so we decided to try some lane swaps (which we later found out to be known as the Korean Meta) where our ADC and support goes mid, bruiser goes bot, and AP goes top. The outcome was laughable. Teams had no idea what to do against us and we were taking outer turrets in under 10 minutes. Is this why the Korean teams had so much success in the tournaments last year? Because of North American's lack of knowledge of the counter? Is this viable in gold ranks? Thoughts?

SoiToi

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraká View Post
After playing a few games with some friends in 5's we were getting impatient with how long the North American meta takes (games were taking approximately 40 - 50 minutes), so we decided to try some lane swaps (which we later found out to be known as the Korean Meta) where our ADC and support goes mid, bruiser goes bot, and AP goes top. The outcome was laughable. Teams had no idea what to do against us and we were taking outer turrets in under 10 minutes. Is this why the Korean teams had so much success in the tournaments last year? Because of North American's lack of knowledge of the counter? Is this viable in gold ranks? Thoughts?

First, you're doing it wrong.

Bruiser stays top. Ap turret defender bottom.

Second, korean meta is successful only against our meta. The point of it isnt to make the game faster, but to cash in on turret gold as fast as possible so you can force mid game team fights with a large gold lead from turrets/dragon control/buff control.

it is easy to counter. mid lane stays passive and defends turret while bot lane bosses ap carry out of the lane.

i think you are confusing lane switching and korean meta. lane switching is what youve seen recently in tourny/league play where they start with adc/support top to push down the tower with a bruiser bot to defend, then they switch to go bot and push down the tower. similar but not the same.

PoisonedPeace

02-05-2013

Korean meta is a lot of constant lane swapping if I am correct?
They don't just camp ap mid down bot and duo lane mid?
I'm pretty sure that they play super aggressive and are always moving around the map.

I may be completely wrong though lol

YoungGoN4v5

02-05-2013

The guy above me has no idea what he is talking about either. All of them that is. Lane swapping isn't something you do as a random thing it is to directly counter some part of the game- like for instance you need to get towers against a top that can't lane clear very well

SoiToi

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
Korean meta is a lot of constant lane swapping if I am correct?
They don't just camp ap mid down bot and duo lane mid?
I'm pretty sure that they play super aggressive and are always moving around the map.

I may be completely wrong though lol

The most important bits of korean meta is that AP carry bot lane plays super passive. His only job is to make sure that adc/support mid push down mid tower before his bot tower goes down. He doesnt play aggressive in any way.

Jungler controls both sets of buffs, and gives ADC mid both of their buffs. If their lane pushes on their side of river even the slightest bit, he comes mid and helps shove it back.

Top lane is played relatively the same.

Once your mid tower is pushed down, you can send ADC/sup top or bot to do the same thing over again.

Last time I played this with my friend we had all t1 towers and t2 mid down at 16 minutes with 0 towers down our side.

EDIT : It also involves a TON of warding so that you can control all 4 buffs.

PoisonedPeace

02-05-2013

Thats pretty cool, but it does sound like something that only counters NA meta lol.
I imagine some certain champs in the right areas could counter it.