Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Idea - May, The Dancing Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alaros

02-05-2013

blade, the blade's blade of blades

ScrubbingitOut

02-05-2013

Quote:
SUPERinternet:
May
The Dancing Blade

May is an AD Caster whose full power lies in the proper use of her combos and skill management. She would use energy and has a versatile toolkit that makes it look as if shes dancing across the screen.

After each ability is used May automatically changes her stance to use her next ability. From stance 1 she goes to 2 then to 3 then back to 1.

Passive : May's Auto Attacks reduce the cool down of her abilities by 1 Second.

Q:Grace
1. May leaps to a target location and deals AOE damage
2. May knocks up a single target and deals AD damage
3. May buffs herself for increased Attack Speed and Attack Damage

W: Power
1. May dashes forward dealing AD damage to the first person she strikes.
2. May Knocks Back an enemy. If they hit a wall they are stunned and take damage.
3. May strikes at the heart dealing True Damage

E: Technique
1. May Stares a target down Taunting them to fight her if they catch her eye.
2. May slashes the target silencing them.
3. May disarms the target lowering their Damage.

R. Finale
The energy costs of May's abilities are reduced and her cooldowns are reduced to 1 Second allowing her to spam a flurry of skills for the next 8 Seconds.

I'd imagine the AD scaling to be relatively low so that people who can properly pace her skills in a fight aren't crazily over powered. Her cool downs should also be set so that she can only perform one of each ability in a quick combo. Ex. QAWAEA or an evenly paced single combo QAAAQAAAQAAA.

With her ultimate she should be able to crazily spam skills until she runs out of energy or dies.

Too complex? Too OP? Too weird? Like it? Let me know, I have a few more ideas as well.

Do u even lift?

SUPERinternet

02-05-2013

Well the idea is the she has to shift between Grace, Power, and Skill constantly for QWE EWQ WEQ etc etc so if you wanted to just straight up spam Q or spam W or spam E you would either have to wait for the cool down.

Also

I wanted to make it feel like once you started a certain chain (ex. Q > A> E> A > W> A) you would end up stuck using that skill chain unless you took a break in casting skills to get into a different skill chain (Q > A> E> A > W> A >A >A W> A> E> A> A> A> W)

Unless you and your opponent are just standing there wailing on each other she shouldn't be able to just win straight duels.

Also addressing the CC I wanted to give her the ability to synergize with other combos and since she isn't able to cast all 3 different CC's at once she has to choose which fits best.

I should make it clear that not all 3 parts of her skills activate on cast.

Like Lee Sin I wanted the skill set to change after every skill is used.

1st skill is some kind of initiation or evade. Short dash, long leap, or a taunt.

2nd skill is a CC. Knockup for wombo combos, knockback stun to force people out of fights/dueling, or silence to stop keep them from casting spells.

3rd skill is to set up for another skill chain. Either increase her attack speed so she can combo faster, deal true damage to finish the job, or lower your opponents attack damage if you're currently losing the fight and need to turn the tables a bit.

t0ss

02-05-2013

Sounds fun, but to much utility and buffs in one champ.

Cerocess

02-05-2013

The "flowing" of her skills combined with the "Dancing Blade" makes me think of Irelia too much. With that said, while I may not be ecstatic about the concept, I love the mechanic itself that you've come up with.

SUPERinternet

02-05-2013

Thanks for the input and I guess her passive would be the same as skarners but a lot of champs have similar skills like khazix's leap and tristanas rocket jump as well as garens passive and mundos passive. I guess maybe if instead of having auto attacks drive the cd by 1 it could incrementally increase the cd letting her better switch chains

I like champs to be flexible and have kits that are better at filling out different roles depending on the situation. This allows for more varied gameplay and puts the skill into the player for knowing what to use and when. As awesome as it may be to play say malphite or Darius it becomes kind of boring to just slam on R all day but that might just be me.

TyphoonKing

02-05-2013

Ryze Passive? Lame.

SUPERinternet

02-05-2013

Ryze's passive lowers cooldowns when he uses abilities. This one would be with auto attacks but league sure does have a lot of similar skills

TheEnygma

02-05-2013

a champ like that would never be made, sorry.