Champion Idea - May, The Dancing Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SUPERinternet

02-05-2013

May
The Dancing Blade

May is an AD Caster whose full power lies in the proper use of her combos and skill management. She would use energy and has a versatile toolkit that makes it look as if shes dancing across the screen.

After each ability is used May automatically changes her stance to use her next ability. From stance 1 she goes to 2 then to 3 then back to 1.

Passive : May's Auto Attacks reduce the cool down of her abilities by 1 Second.

Q:Grace
1. May leaps to a target location and deals AOE damage
2. May knocks up a single target and deals AD damage
3. May buffs herself for increased Attack Speed and Attack Damage

W: Power
1. May dashes forward dealing AD damage to the first person she strikes.
2. May Knocks Back an enemy. If they hit a wall they are stunned and take damage.
3. May strikes at the heart dealing True Damage

E: Technique
1. May Stares a target down Taunting them to fight her if they catch her eye.
2. May slashes the target silencing them.
3. May disarms the target lowering their Damage.

R. Finale
The energy costs of May's abilities are reduced and her cooldowns are reduced to 1 Second allowing her to spam a flurry of skills for the next 8 Seconds.

I'd imagine the AD scaling to be relatively low so that people who can properly pace her skills in a fight aren't crazily over powered. Her cool downs should also be set so that she can only perform one of each ability in a quick combo. Ex. QAWAEA or an evenly paced single combo QAAAQAAAQAAA.

With her ultimate she should be able to crazily spam skills until she runs out of energy or dies.

Too complex? Too OP? Too weird? Like it? Let me know, I have a few more ideas as well.

Silverkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Wrong forum, tho I know this is the only one that gets any attention.

Her damage would have to be REALLY low, considering she can increase her AD, has a gap closer, deals true damage, atk speed, CC, taunts, and knockbacks with stuns like Poppy and Vayne. Add her ult into that and there wouldnt be a point in playing this game anymore.

SUPERinternet

02-05-2013

Thanks!

Should I just copy and paste this into the other forum?

Also I had imagined the cooldown between each ability to be around 5 seconds and since she has to go through her combo to get to the CC skills/Buff/Gap closer I figure that its really important for the player to keep in mind what skill set is coming up next in order to use her properly which takes away some of the power since you can't just directly access the exact skill you want.

For instance, say you're top lane and you're getting ganked and its 2v1. she cant just spam her true damage, she has to dance around and take on opponents 1 at a time or suffer severely. she ends up having longer cool downs for the correct ability she needs to escape or get into combat if you jump into battle with the wrong skill.

Tangerine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

sounds like a cross between fiora and kat and some rammus except it's bonus offensives not defensives

does sound like a complex champ too with multiple and i mean multiple parts to each ability. that's more confusing than lee sin Dx (i cant play him to save my life)

not too crazy about the idea, but i like the way you put work and some thought into the champion

plages

02-05-2013

just no

Tangerine

02-05-2013

why are you downvoting someone for sharing their creative idea

Ill Darkistino

02-05-2013

This sounds interesting. I think the theme should be changed (she sounds just like Irelia) but the idea of each spell cast changing her stance, and the stance affecting her moveset, is a very good one. All in all, unique and cool idea.

TheEnygma

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
why are you downvoting someone for sharing their creative idea
cause it's borderline OP, hell it is OP.

cmck

02-05-2013

Very complex so not sure how practical it would be. I could see this going one of two ways. She either has meh damage to balance her on what her kit offers and she would be underpowered due to being to hard to use properly or she will be way overpowered damage wise to compensate for it being near impossible to use her kit right.

Edit: But if she does get made she has to be a ninja because she uses energy.... thems the rules.

PhysicsMoneyWeed

02-05-2013

In what way is her passive not Skarner's passive?

Also, that's more CC than any champ reasonably needs. If you're going to throw CC onto a combo, it would have to be like Riven's Q, where you're rewarded for landing all three parts of the combo with crowd control, not a different CC effect for each part of the combo. For example, landing the taunt on your E means you automatically get the silence because they can't escape, and now that they're silenced AND have their AD lowered, it's incredibly easy to just straight-up duel.