Problems ranking up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gavoooo

02-06-2013

thank you very much

An4Rchy2012

02-06-2013

After winning 10 ranked games in a row. I noticed the points I was recieving becoming less and less with each win. So, after being at 91 points and winning yet another game. I was moved up to 95 points. I decided to test a theory. In the next game. I was 11-0 as ezreal. I decided to throw the game to end the winning streak. I lost 19 points moving me to 76 points. I then played again and won. Moving me directly into my playoff matches. This doesn't seem to recommend holding true to the summoners code. If a player wins too many matches in a row. They are forced to throw in order to move up in rank. This seems to be a MAJOR flaw in the system. Players should not be penalized for consistant wins. Knowing this. It's my general understanding. If I get on a winning streak. It is more beneficial to throw a game to get more points in upcoming games. This IMO is going to promote more trolling. Furthering the frustration of other players. This Bug needs attention.

CorranHorn01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

An4, are you in div1? If so, thanks not a bug. It's designed to make sure you are 'ready' for the next Tier as you can't drop a Tier.

sirturkey1

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
As long as you are winning more than 50% of your games, your hidden elo will continue to go up, as it goes up you will get more LP for wins and lose less for losses, even if you are stuck at 90 LP for a little while, your wins are not forgotten.

Rest assured that if you maintain a winrate of over 50%, you will advance up the leagues. To disagree with that is to suggest that a player could be "Stuck" at Silver 1, but have a hidden elo of 2k, its just not going to happen
I disagree, the system is severely glitched still. Everyone should have been started at there appointed level based on their elo which means it should be equally as hard for anyone to advance. However, watching higher levels, I have never seen any of them run into the "win 5 games, lose 1, be back where I started". They always win/lose an equal amount of LP and don't hit the 90LP wall. For those of us in the middle of the pack it's friggin impossible.