Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Problems ranking up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xTinchix

02-05-2013

Quote:
sirturkey1:
Yup. Makes no sense, if I am winning 70% of my games I should get promoted. The fact that I lose 1 game in no way means I need to stay at my current level.....but with this system I need 90% winrate to advance.

No you really have to win 100% of your games once you hit 90 lp or you will drop down 1/2 your points and start over at least that what happens to me.

WakeskaterX

02-06-2013

SOOOO Stupid lol, you get 1 troll and get screwed.

Selcopa

02-06-2013

Quote:
sirturkey1:
Yeah, and even Yegg came out and admitted that that was retarded and needed to be fixed. So....

He already fixed it.

StaticAngel

Recruiter

02-06-2013

I cant win games, i get put up with feeders and AFK's/leavers.... just like elo hell.

Selcopa

02-06-2013

Quote:
sirturkey1:
Yup. Makes no sense, if I am winning 70% of my games I should get promoted. The fact that I lose 1 game in no way means I need to stay at my current level.....but with this system I need 90% winrate to advance.

As long as you are winning more than 50% of your games, your hidden elo will continue to go up, as it goes up you will get more LP for wins and lose less for losses, even if you are stuck at 90 LP for a little while, your wins are not forgotten.

Rest assured that if you maintain a winrate of over 50%, you will advance up the leagues. To disagree with that is to suggest that a player could be "Stuck" at Silver 1, but have a hidden elo of 2k, its just not going to happen

gavoooo

02-06-2013

the new leagues system is ridiculous. Players are now required to win significantly more games than losses in order to move up a division. The concept is supposed to encourage the idea that anyone can become a pro gamer by moving to the championship division, when it actual fact the system is closer to preventing anyone who is currently at a lower level from ever breaking past that barrier. The win-loss ratio i would require to get from Silver IV to championship would be significantly higher than that of the professional players. In my last 20 games ive won 9 and lost 11, yet ive moved from Silver III to near the bottom of silver IV. just to get back to the division i started in i would need to win around 9 games in a row. to move up a division from there itd be like 12 games. How insane is that to expect people to be able to win 21 games in a row (give or take maybe 2-3 losses), and only be rewarded with silver II. its an unrealistic impossibility to get from my division to a very high one.

Something needs to be changed riot, the lack of hope at being able to progress is both infuriating demotivating

Demonïk

02-06-2013

Quote:
WhiteHatCracker:
It's against the odds with the amount of trolls/afks/dcs and everything else this new dodge penalty this system brought back that you will win 8 straight games at 95 LP to get promoted.

Yet the last time I looked there was at least 5 people already in the Challenger Tier. They did it, they proved they're elite, and I wish people would quit complaining about the new system. It's obviously working. If you don't like it either stop playing ranked or get better.

Selcopa

02-06-2013

Quote:
gavoooo:
the new leagues system is ridiculous. Players are now required to win significantly more games than losses in order to move up a division. The concept is supposed to encourage the idea that anyone can become a pro gamer by moving to the championship division, when it actual fact the system is closer to preventing anyone who is currently at a lower level from ever breaking past that barrier. The win-loss ratio i would require to get from Silver IV to championship would be significantly higher than that of the professional players. In my last 20 games ive won 9 and lost 11, yet ive moved from Silver III to near the bottom of silver IV. just to get back to the division i started in i would need to win around 9 games in a row. to move up a division from there itd be like 12 games. How insane is that to expect people to be able to win 21 games in a row (give or take maybe 2-3 losses), and only be rewarded with silver II. its an unrealistic impossibility to get from my division to a very high one.

Something needs to be changed riot, the lack of hope at being able to progress is both infuriating demotivating

You have a bias towards what you observed for you, rather than looking at the system as a whole.

The simple fact is, if you are winning over 50% of your games, you will move up, no exceptions, even if you lose your division promotion matches, if you consistently win more than 50% your hidden elo will go up. And the higher it gets, the more LP you get per match.

Gavoo I looked you up specifically, your hidden elo currently is 1252, considering that Silver 5 begins at 1200, you are pretty close to where you should be, so you should start getting a similar amount of LP won/lost per match, obviously when you get to the divison promotions this might change temporarily.

If you were to consistently win say the 23 in a row you reffered to, you would be higher than silver 2.

All of this is simply a diversion from the fact that you simply aren't very good at the game. Nobody wants to blame themselves, its not "their fault" its the "System's fault"

In reality, if you just got better, you'd win more games, and move up easily

gavoooo

02-06-2013

I am not blaming the system for not being good. i am well aware i am nowhere near pro-level. What I am saying is that the system is discouraging the lower level players. Nobody wants to feel like they arent able to improve, and Riot should be encouraging those of all levels to play, grow and improve, rather than making it more difficult for the ones that need the greatest advantage. If what you say about Hidden Elo etc is true, then it needs to be explained to the wider community. I havent read or heard anything about how the league points are awarded, and i speak personally saying that I was very discouraged after dropping so far from losing so little.

I am not the only one who feels this way, and to say that i speak out of simple diversion from my own lacking skills is a typical response of someone who doesnt care about the wider league of legends community, but only the elite.

Selcopa

02-06-2013

Quote:
gavoooo:
I am not blaming the system for not being good. i am well aware i am nowhere near pro-level. What I am saying is that the system is discouraging the lower level players. Nobody wants to feel like they arent able to improve, and Riot should be encouraging those of all levels to play, grow and improve, rather than making it more difficult for the ones that need the greatest advantage. If what you say about Hidden Elo etc is true, then it needs to be explained to the wider community. I havent read or heard anything about how the league points are awarded, and i speak personally saying that I was very discouraged after dropping so far from losing so little.

I am not the only one who feels this way, and to say that i speak out of simple diversion from my own lacking skills is a typical response of someone who doesnt care about the wider league of legends community, but only the elite.

The system is much more effective at rewarding players, now instead of a few badges, there are multiple divisions that you can progress through and move upwards.

Here is a great video explaining the system, as well as the hidden elo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdG-FzA5-A