Problems ranking up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xTickleTits

02-05-2013

So I started the day in Silver 1 and had 82 league points. I then won my next 3 for a combined 14 points and sit at 95 points. I got 9 points for my first win, 4 for my third and 1 for my last win.

Is this working as intended?? And has this happened to anyone else?
This seems a little ridiculous if it's working as intended that I just got 1 point for a win...

CorranHorn01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

That's just because they want to make sure you deserve your Gold tier, as you can't be dropped back to Silver. I think it caps at 90 LP then you gain 1-3 LP per win. That's just what I've been reading.

sirturkey1

02-05-2013

Ok seriously wtf.....+9LP, +2LP, +4LP, -17LP......are you ****ing kidding me Riot???? I have to win 5 games for every 1 loss??

Vhalkenz

02-05-2013

#1 Company in the world Riot Games Inc.

sirturkey1

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhalkenz View Post
#1 Company in the world Riot Games Inc.
#1 Troll, Riot games

CorranHorn01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Turkey, like i said above your 1st post, when you are in Div 1, then your wins give you less so that Riot is sure you deserve your next Tier as you can't drop down a Tier.

sirturkey1

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorranHorn01 View Post
Turkey, like i said above your 1st post, when you are in Div 1, then your wins give you less so that Riot is sure you deserve your next Tier as you can't drop down a Tier.
Yeah, and even Yegg came out and admitted that that was retarded and needed to be fixed. So....

Irish Red Cap

02-05-2013

Riot shanks your chances to moving up tiers very badly. At 90+ LP your gain per win is restricted to 1-3 LP. Some might argue that it's to stop people for promoting tiers to easily but in contrast you still lose typical amount for losing aka 15-20 LP per loss. The issue is that if your stuck at 95 LP and your gaining 1 LP per win. It's not just a 5 game win streak you need. You need 5 game win streak then 3 wins outta 5 for your promotion series. It's against the odds with the amount of trolls/afks/dcs and everything else this new dodge penalty this system brought back that you will win 8 straight games at 95 LP to get promoted.

CorranHorn01

02-05-2013

At no point did I say it wasn't broken and wrong . I was answering the OP. Yours seemed similar.

It does suck White. I currently going between Silver 3 and 4. I find I get better players in 4. My favourite experience so far was how I got my 1st drop (of 2) to Silver 4. My Cait late game netted deliberately into their team when we were besieging them while they had baron, because "This will teach the support to ward early game"... And the other drop was when I was duoing to get a mate up a div. We hit another ADC (ironically a Cait again) who kept trying to 1v5 and was always getting caught.

sirturkey1

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHatCracker View Post
Riot shanks your chances to moving up tiers very badly. At 90+ LP your gain per win is restricted to 1-3 LP. Some might argue that it's to stop people for promoting tiers to easily but in contrast you still lose typical amount for losing aka 15-20 LP per loss. The issue is that if your stuck at 95 LP and your gaining 1 LP per win. It's not just a 5 game win streak you need. You need 5 game win streak then 3 wins outta 5 for your promotion series. It's against the odds with the amount of trolls/afks/dcs and everything else this new dodge penalty this system brought back that you will win 8 straight games at 95 LP to get promoted.
Yup. Makes no sense, if I am winning 70% of my games I should get promoted. The fact that I lose 1 game in no way means I need to stay at my current level.....but with this system I need 90% winrate to advance.