Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My brain can't handle this game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marissa Bot

02-05-2013

About 4 months ago my friend kept bugging me to play this game, I obviously rejected because I'm terrible at games, and this game looked confusing as heck. He decided to make an account for me anyway, and even slapped my name on it. (I finally figured out why he added 'Bot' to the end.) He even played a few games on it to get it started. So, 4 month later, I figured, why not? So I gave the game a try, and I actually enjoy playing it, I'm terrible, but I enjoy playing it.

Now, enough with the back-story, I'm here because I suck at video games and seek help through a forum. I'll just put down a couple of questions, and hopefully people will answer them.

Who's that lady that turns into a cat? Running around as a cat sounds amazing.
How do Masteries work? My friend set up a few, but I still don't know what they do.
Runes are confusing.
Are there any more animal champions, preferably female, or male I guess.
Why is Vladimir so sexy?
I just play Co-Op vs AI, is that fine?
A lot of the champions are scary.
Shaco wants to kill me.
How is Volibear? I like bears.
Why am I so poor in the game, I want more money so I can buy animals.

Pretty sure I had more questions, but I can't remember any of them. But anyway, hope I find answers to some of these. Thanks, in advance.

SymphonicFinale

02-05-2013

Im also sort of new (about 3 weeks) and Im understanding it more and more. Check out different youtube videos and the wiki. You learn more by playing as well.

TrueSkillz

Recruiter

02-05-2013

Who's that lady that turns into a cat? Nidalee
How do Masteries work? They increase your stats
Why is Vladimir so sexy? cause he is a vampire
I just play Co-Op vs AI, is that fine? until about lvl 15 yes. you will want to get some pvp experiences before lvl 30
How is Volibear? I like bears. he is good but is mainly a jungle
animals cost more then other champs

If you want feel free to add me in game and ill answer any question you may have

Zisi

02-05-2013

Quote:
Who's that lady that turns into a cat?

Nidalee, probably the hardest champion in the game, and my personal favorite.
Quote:
How do Masteries work? My friend set up a few, but I still don't know what they do.

They increase your stats and have various effects. Read each one, refer to champion builds on lolpro, solomid, or mobafire as a reference.

Quote:
Runes are confusing.

Don't buy them or worry about them until lvl 20.

Quote:

Elise can transform into a spider. Volibear as you mentioned. Annie's ultimate summons a bear if that counts. Anivia is an cyro-phoenix, and one of the strongest mids in the game.

Quote:

He is basically an early game singed. Early on hes extremely dangerous, after that hes pretty much just a worse singed.

JoshyPoo78

02-05-2013

Check out Ahri, she's a fox lady and my personal favorite champ.
Playing Co-Op vs AI is fine, but I would suggest you play normal games if you honestly want to get good. It'll probably be rough at first, but you're just gonna have to endure if you wanna get good.

Niek

02-05-2013

Who's that lady that turns into a cat? Running around as a cat sounds amazing.

This is Nidalee. She is fun to play, but she is also difficult. Most champions have four skills that you have to learn, but because Nidalee turns into a cougar, you actually have 7 abilities to master.

Each time you level up, you get 1 mastery point. You can create several mastery pages where you can place the mastery points you've earned. Certain champions benefit from certain configurations of masteries. If you go to mobafire.com, you can look at which champions need which masteries.

Runes are confusing.

Runes are confusing, I agree. But that's not something you need to worry about until level 20. At your level, you are only able to buy the crappy runes and it would be a waste of your IP to buy them. Wait until you can get the better runes at level 20.

There is Elise, who is a spider/woman. There is also Volibear, who is, well, a bear. And there's Udyr who is a bear man. And there's Warwick who is a werewolf. There's Annie who is a little girl who summons a stuffed bear.

Why is Vladimir so sexy?

Cause he's a vampire!

I just play Co-Op vs AI, is that fine?

You can play them, yes. But the focus of the game is player vs player games, or PVP. If you play just bot games, you won't be getting any more skilled. You also get more Experience and IP from PVP.

A lot of the champions are scary.

A lot of people like different kind of champions, some of them which are manly, some of which are sexy. And then there are those who like scary champions as well. It's just a player preference.

Shaco wants to kill me.

He kills everyone. It's okay.

He's kind of weird to play, but fun once you get used to him.

Everyone starts out bad, especially if you've never played a game like this before. If you practice and play a lot of games, you will get better.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

02-05-2013

Who's that lady that turns into a cat? Nidalee.

How do Masteries work? They are customizing your play style with stats, you fill the tiers in the trees and branch out on how you want to play your champ.

Runes are confusing. They are customizing your play style with stats

Are there any more animal champions, preferably female, or male I guess? There is quite a few. Teemo, Rumble, Volibear, Warwick, Scarner, Rengar, Khazix, Cho gath, Udyr, Elise(can turn into a spider), and more.

Why is Vladimir so sexy? Everyone has an aura that sends off messages to other human beings, with out them even knowing that this aura exists. It could be fear, attraction, hate, admiration, disgusted, creeped out, and more. Vlad has an aura of attraction that attracts people of the opposite gender.

I just play Co-Op vs AI, is that fine?Yes. I know some people who have over 2000 wins just playing co-op vs ai. It is a fun mode in itself and stress free, and there is always something you can do to make it more challenging, like playing unorthodox builds on your champion, or trying new champions. You can also have fun with a pre-made team in bot games by going all mid with everyone playing supports, and stuff like that.

How is Volibear? Volibear is slightly below average overall, but very unique and extremely good at what he does. Which is close combat fighting. He builds HP and gets more damage on his w with the more HP he has. Currently this is "league of warmogs", and champs that scale with HP like Volibear benefited from it. The only problem is that Olaf also scales with HP, and has alot more too offer even after the nerfs to Olaf recently. Volibear is still great if you love being really tanky and doing lots of single target and aoe damage, but you lack range and your gap closer is harder to gap close as Garen's. Volibear's w functions similarly to Darius's and Garen's and Cho's ultimates. It is an execute used near the end of a skirmish, preferably to finish someone off. Volibear's is weaker but can be used way more often, so short skirmish after short skirmish benefits Volibear. You need 3 stacks of the stacks it gives in order to use it, which may prevent you from using it when you needed it in certain situations.

Marissa Bot

02-05-2013

So much bears. Thanks everyone!

Niek

02-05-2013

Oh! There is also Twitch, who is a sewer rat. And there's Alistar who is a... cow bull thing. Anivia is a blue bird. Cassiopeia is half snake half woman. Hecarim is a centaur, who is half man half horse. There's Fizz who is part fish. There's Wukong who is a monkey man. Lastly, there's Nami, who is a mermaid. And Ahri, if you want to count her since she used to be a fox but is now human.

Then there are Yordles, which are a race unique to league of legends. They often take on animal like qualities, such as Teemo. Fizz might actually be a yordle fish...

Niek

02-05-2013

And also, Kog'Maw is the cutest champion ever, which most people wouldn't imagine. Once you play him and hear him talking, he's just so flipping cute. His dance is one of my favorites in the game. Play a game and you can open up the chat by pushing enter. And type this exactly: /d

That makes him dance and it's so cute!