MASSIVE Leagues bug EXTREME GLITCH

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alyran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Both are technically correct. One just looks better than the other.

Ragefaceherpderp

02-05-2013

Most college writing handbooks advocate the addition of s after the apostrophe--though The Blair Handbook (2003) does include an escape clause: "For singular nouns ending in s, it is always correct to form the possessive by adding both an apostrophe and -s. However, if pronouncing the additional syllable is awkward--as with last names that sound like plurals--some writers add only an apostrophe."

http://grammar.about.com/b/2008/01/2...ss-website.htm

Murph And Surf

02-05-2013

Fail thread

SN Luketwo

02-05-2013

I personally think its unacceptable to be removed from Darius' Wizards to Varus' Horde. The amount of dunks you get to perform goes down considerably when your not on a pro basketball team.

Kraion

02-05-2013

Hey, I have an idea. Let's post a thread on the forums in an attempt to showcase your knowledge of something you actually know nothing about.

K rent

02-05-2013

I hate the glitch involving auto attack reset abilities, when you kill it you move to where it was. I have this happen with vi and leona a lot. This caused me to do a small tower dive once, I couldn't move away vi just kept running.

Kody119

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
That S does not belong there, that's bad grammar. This glitch has been terrorizing League of Legends players for days and it cannot go unfixed.

/singed

riot pls

WHY ROIT WHY

WarlordAlpha

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraion View Post
Hey, I have an idea. Let's post a thread on the forums in an attempt to showcase your knowledge of something you actually know nothing about.
Lol? I haven't been proven wrong, it's just been proven that both ways are correct. So, if you will, I was incorrect in assuming that the extra s was incorrect, but I was correct in assuming that the "s" could/should be removed.

I still think that

Darius'

looks much better than

Darius's

which seems like it wants you to pronounce the "s" twice.

Also, it seems to me like you can't take a joke thread seriously. No, I don't care (much) if it's fixed or not, but I do think the other way is better and if I was in a position to fix it I would.

Kody119

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraion View Post

WRONG SIR!

he's correct. In the case of an S at the end of a name that is NOT PLURAL you just put an apostrophe; there is no need for the extra S and is horrible grammar and will get you marked down on college papers.

source: college level Lang. (I believe it was updated this year, or last. not fully sure.)

edit: found it: "With singular proper names ending in -s, insists the AP Stylebook, "Use only an apostrophe: Achilles' heel, Agnes' book, Ceres' rites"--a ruling upheld by the most recent edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association"

as such, "Darius' Wizards" falls into this classification.

some cute girl

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody119 View Post
marked down on collage papers.

source: collage
Please tell me you're joking lol.

123456 ... 12