Why not make skins for champions you don't own purchasable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodhandBerserker

02-05-2013

I'm sure I can't be the only one who regularly has this dilemma: Skin X for Champion Y, the best skin of them all, goes on sale and you are now finally able to purchase it, but alas your life only permits you so much time for games, and can't afford the IP price for the champion necessary to allow access to the skin. So you either have to pass up on the sale entirely or fork over money you might not want to spend to buy both the champion AND the skin.

Honestly, it's a very well done marketing tool, and I give it its due props. But why not let skins that are on sale be purchasable to everyone, regardless of whether or not that particular champion is owned, and only allow the use of that skin after the champion is bought?

Just a thought from a casual gamer. Laters

Fs Son0fSilas

02-05-2013

A lot of times they will have both the champion and a skin for said champion on sale at the same time.

SendinSentinels

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fs Son0fSilas View Post
A lot of times they will have both the champion and a skin for said champion on sale at the same time.
Like right now? EDIT: I support your idea also.

GodhandBerserker

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fs Son0fSilas View Post
I specifically said in my OP that some can only afford the skin on sale with RP, and would otherwise have to spend additional money for both the champ and accompanying skin. Don't forget that some sales are exceptions to the standard, the current one being a prime example(Cho'Gath/Elise/Orianna/Muse Sona/Runeborn Xerath/Secret Agent Miss Fortune)

X74X

02-05-2013

Because money.

Cretinok

02-05-2013

Same reason why I cant buy Zombie Brand. Riot apparently doesnt want my money.