@Riot bots are too hard for new players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

White Pony

02-05-2013

I've been playing since Leona dropped, so while I'm not like.....an OG or anything, I've been around for a while. When I first picked up this game, I was instructed by a veteran friend to start out playing bots until I really felt comfortable enough to go play with actual people.

I feel like thats really, really good advice.

Recently, my wife started playing, she saw that I'm always playing and became interested, and now she likes to play as well. She plays Ziggs because "he's cute". I don't question her motives, I'm just happy my wife is actually playing video games instead of telling me to stop playing them, like I see many other girlfriends/wives do to their significant others.

I watched her play her first few bot games, and man... I don't remember bots being that smart when I first set out into what was a new gaming world at the time. I watched them stagger their CC spells, gank, zone..... everything. I was looking at it like hey... did you accidentally queue up for a normal game?

Bots should be absolute cannon fodder for noobs. If you want harder bots, you can set the difficulty, but the baseline bots should be right up there in intelligence with primates. They should roam around, cast a few spells here and there, farm terribly, and pretty much give the beginner playing the bot game a decent chance to successfully get a handle on the game. Like I said, if you want a challenge, you just change the difficulty.

But these were NORMAL bots doing these advanced things...
Luckily, my wife is a persistent one, and she clawed her way through the game going 8/9/5 or something like that.

Riot, is there a way to make an "easy" bot or something? I mean, I can't be the only person introducing people to this game as their very first MOBA ever, and the Normal bots, to me, seem a little bit extreme for players who are just starting out.

Moofex

02-05-2013

Lol

Murcom

02-05-2013

Make a casual mode and a jungle tutorial

Conagozn

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezy102 View Post
Riot, is there a way to make an "easy" bot or something? I mean, I can't be the only person introducing people to this game as their very first MOBA ever, and the Normal bots, to me, seem a little bit extreme for players who are just starting out.
Uhhhh, yeah, it's called beginner, and it's literally RIGHT THERE.

Evil Zop

02-05-2013

They have beginner and intermediate.. Beginner is a standard a player should roughly be at before they start playing normals or well a level which most people should/will be at unless they want to get roflstomped :|

intermediate isn't that much mroe challenging and someone should definatly be able to beat them consistently before level 30 :Z

and in future expert bots should come out and set a standard for ranked games =P

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Play with her and guide her. The bots can't do all the hand holding for you. Thats not what they're there for.

slamor

02-05-2013

Do beginner bots already do this?

I believe this is a troll thread.

SlayerZ

02-05-2013

i still see people occasionally lose/feed hard in intermediate bots as a level 30..
but i think beginner bots are ok for new comers

question is why arent you playing with her?

JevelFaithful

02-05-2013

^^ that too. Is she always playing alone? Cause league is best with a mentor. Both to learn, have fun, win and avoid the flame wars

Did she start with beginner or medium bots? beginners look very easy to me and most players I've talked about. Or course, all of those already had at least 15 lvl behind them.

There are things to learn in the game, most of the time in bots, if you fail, the rest of the team will mobilise to win. But what you can do for her specifically is guide her. Tell her how to beat the zoning, how to avoid being ganked. Bots are relatively predictable and if she starts pressuring, she should win. You just have to instruct her the basic of the play style. Once she gets the hang of it, she should be fine.

Assuming we are not too far into the game to realise how it is to a newbie.

slamor

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtwizted View Post
i still see people occasionally lose/feed hard in intermediate bots as a level 30..
but i think beginner bots are ok for new comers

question is why arent you playing with her?
One computer and sharing account of course.