Is blade of the ruined king worth buying?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emosa

02-05-2013

It's a decent situational item. I bought it on ad Kogmaw the other day and combined with my Last Whisper I was shredding HP like no other.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Joestar View Post
gonna give it a shot on MF

problem with that is MF has almost all of her mid game dmg in her skills rather than auto attacks.

I mean yes... you obviously are throwing in autos but you need the high raw AD from bloodthirster and the utility + dmg from cleaver to shred teams with your ult.

Her ult does nothing with BOTRK. I generally save it for late game depending on how tanky the enemy team is going.

Black Cleaver, Bloodthirster, Boots 2, Guardian Angel, BoTRK, Situational item (generally IE) for a full build vs fairly tanky enemy team.

Works great if you're fighting health stackers (BOTRK + her W is awesome for shutting down mundo/swain style champs)

ShadowShrike

02-05-2013

BoRK is the following:
Multiple players on the enemy team have warmogs, buy this item or let someone else play ADC.

And it was K

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Uracan View Post
Reminds me of the old wriggle rush back in early S2. I think it depends on the ADC. I wouldn't rush it on anyone that scales on AD such as Caitlyn, but I could see the merit on someone who gets alot of free attack speed ( trist, graves). Especially if you have the burst kit to finish someone off. Combo with a Sona / Taric.

I'd need to try it.

Ooooh that's interesting. The only ADC I've ever really played is Corki, but he feels really weak right now, so I've been looking for a new one to play until he gets some help. Was going to try Caitlyn, but I do have Graves gathering dust. Gonna try him with it.

Cuth

02-06-2013

I usually buy this as my 3rd item on Kog Maw. I like to start IE for the massive damage, than phantom dancer because hes slower than a slug and lead into Ruined King for full on face melting action with W activated.

Sir Come Cision

02-06-2013

I love it. It's great for Baron, Dragon, tanky enemy champs, lifesteal, and kiting.

Lusex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Onemadbrad is a challenger who buys it on jungle jarvan.

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-06-2013
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusex View Post
Stacking the Jarvan passive would be my guess.

WarlordAlpha

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusex View Post
I'm not challenger tier (yet!) but I too enjoy purchasing it on J4.

J4 has naturally high attack speed thanks to his E, so he can make better use of BRK without buying any AS than most other champions.

shppy

02-06-2013

It is good, but my problem with it is that it's not the anti-hp-stacking item we needed it to be to replace Bloodrazor. Having no AS on an on-hit item feels pretty lousy (in fact it's the *only* real on-hit item not to have AS on it), especially for an item that should be a counterbuild... it sucks having to commit at least one other item slot to AS just to make it worthwhile as a counter.

I think it's good, it's just that we need a Bloodrazor in SR (whether it's madred's or kitae's), because BotRK was never a suitable replacement, and it's part of the reason health stacking is a problem now