Is blade of the ruined king worth buying?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihat3teemo

02-05-2013

I love this item on champions like irelia and if i am a fed adc I will buy this to make a late game ace happen faster. But everygame I here someone tell me that it is a noob item and should not be used.

I do only buy this against very tanky teams.

Do you think blade of the ruined king is worth buying or is it a noob trap.

ihat3teemo

02-05-2013

Bump

SwiftyWillownall

02-05-2013

The blade of the ruined king is almost identical to the bloodthirster. It has a little worse base stats but it has an activated passive. The Blade of the ruined king will deal more damage to targets that have 1500 hp or more, while the bloodthirster will do more to targets below 1500 hp. When I play my ADC however I get both. They both offer AD and lifesteal, it allows me to be effective against targets above or below 1500 hp, and the ruin kings blade is great for chasing down enemies since you can steal a % of their movement speed and add it to your own for a short while. Also, Blade of the ruined king makes porkchops out of the dragon and baron.

Krimson62

02-05-2013

botrk is good for softening targets, not finishing them...

Voidgolem

02-05-2013

Depends on who you're using. In most cases no.

Excellent bruiser item.

BillyBoss

02-05-2013

Its really good on bruiser tops, such as irelia, and renekton. As for Ad carries, I can see it being built, but only as a way to kite the bruisers that are on you, for example it would be acceptable to build it against an olaf as a 4th item.

KamijouTouma00

02-05-2013

Lol i was vs a kog 2 days ago he got a BOTRK after phantom needless to say*puts on sunglasses* he ruined himself YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-05-2013
1 of 6 Riot Posts

One of my core when I go bruiser teemo. Great for the self peel / heal in a pinch as well. At times the active is really undervalued and people forget about it during duels.

White Pony

02-05-2013

dude...
there are like legitimate experiments and data, numbers, statistics, and side by side comparisons of BoTRK and Bloodthirster on www.surrenderat20.net.

Go see for yourself.

cmck

02-05-2013

Its pretty cool on udyr. The manbearpig can actually catch someone.... maybe.

12345 ... 6