Vi's E

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brodin

02-05-2013

If I could change one thing about Vi, I'd remove the cooldown timer completely from her E. Being able to slam 2 punches into someone at basically max attack speed would be pretty satisfying.

Another aspect of it that would be cool is if you could tap E twice and load both punches, either causing your next 2 attacks to happen at max speed, OR it'd be even sweeter if it proc'd as one attack, like shyvana's double punch thingie, effectively doubling the damage and applying 2 on hit procs. That might be too much burst though?

Overall I really like Vi, a lot more than I expected after reading her skills on paper. I just think E could be tweaked to add a little more fun to her playstyle.

Yuan Shikai

02-05-2013

She already IS incredibly bursty if built AD and can deal tremendous sustained damage if built tanky, she does not need that change at all.

Keitterman

02-05-2013

Actualy, what would be even better, is if she punched and the actual PLAYERS took damage!

Brodin

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
She already IS incredibly bursty if built AD and can deal tremendous sustained damage if built tanky, she does not need that change at all.
Well my goal here isn't to buff her or even increase her burst, but rather just increase the satisfaction of playing a punchy puncher champ. Initially I thought the reasoning behind storing 2 charges of E would be that you could drop that 1-2 combo instantly, instead you have to space it out (just slightly) to maximize it's effectiveness. If her numbers needed to be tweaked that's fine, and the double punch does seem like it would be too powerful, it was just an afterthought that appealed to me as hey, charge each one of your robot fists and slam both of em into someone for massive damage.

More just a playability suggestion than a buff, do you think it would be fun to pull off these combos or less so than it's current implementation?

jboku

02-05-2013

Vi is perfect the way she is, in fact her clear time and burst in combination with her base movement speed are so high I bet there might be some minor nerfs coming her way, though I hope I am wrong D:.

Vi has great base movement speed
Vi has 2 gap closers w/ a little CC each in her Q and ult
Vi has On hit %damage
Vi has a range / cone damage skill
Vi has one of the best clear speeds
Vi has a passive that gives her a shield based on HP.

She really has it all and is one of my favorite junglers.

btw, E auto resets her attacks I believe. so next time try Auto Atk > e > Auto atk (% dmg), auto atk, E, next her %dmg again for amazing burst in 1-2 sec.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-05-2013

That would be a bit much

Vuther

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
Actualy, what would be even better, is if she punched and the actual PLAYERS took damage!
My face

My beautiful face

What have you done

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
My face

My beautiful face

What have you done
she buffed it

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Brodin

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboku View Post
Vi is perfect the way she is, in fact her clear time and burst in combination with her base movement speed are so high I bet there might be some minor nerfs coming her way, though I hope I am wrong D:.

Vi has great base movement speed
Vi has 2 gap closers w/ a little CC each in her Q and ult
Vi has On hit %damage
Vi has a range / cone damage skill
Vi has one of the best clear speeds
Vi has a passive that gives her a shield based on HP.

She really has it all and is one of my favorite junglers.

btw, E auto resets her attacks I believe. so next time try Auto Atk > e > Auto atk (% dmg), auto atk, E, next her %dmg again for amazing burst in 1-2 sec.
Again, I really enjoy Vi as well, and she's a great jungler and a lot of fun to play.

Again, my suggestions are not meant to be a buff to her, but rather a playability change.

I know the combo you speak of, that would still be a VIable option (HAHA) with the CD removed, but you could also fire the E punches off one after another. In situations where you need to use Q as a gapcloser but can't quite hit with it, it would let you proc your 3 hit W quicker and "get in the fight."

In fact this is what I thought you could do when I read her skillset on paper. It would make sense to be able to auto, E E for a 3 hit combo to proc your W. Of course her main combo is Q auto E to proc it, then a second E whenever along the line.

It would however make her burst slightly faster.

I dunno I feel like I'm not getting the gist of my idea across, I just think it would be awesome to combo them up like that (or even double punch). Not crying for buffs or anything, not saying she is weak or unfun.

I. Just. Like. To. Punch.

Vuther

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
she buffed it

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
This is extra funny because buff has a meaning to gamers and a different meaning to mechanics.