@Morello Its been a year since you changed Warwick. Lets look at how they panned out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-05-2013

I have 3 warwick skins, he used to be one of my favorite champions to play but he's such a borderline garbage jungler right now that I've stopped playing jungle completely, and I used to do it quite often.

So, bumping and upvoting. Hopefully will get some attention.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Randomocity132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-05-2013

WW was my favorite character when starting, and for a year after that, but after they hit both the healing on his Q by 20% and the damage on his Q by 20%, matchups that I knew I would normally win would end up with me dying just before I could get off another Q. Reducing the healing on the ability, AND the damage on the ability means that the net heal is significantly hurt. Xin Zhao heals more with auto-attacks than Warwick now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purgation

Senior Member

02-05-2013

I honestly think the big problem with ww right now is itemization. Mandred's was a core aspect of his kit and there is nothing like it in the game now.

His abilities as designed today create all sorts of build dilemmas - all of his abilities do magic damage, but some scale off AD. On hits work great with him, but now there is little synergy between the strong on hit items and the rest of his abilities.

I think he is also a bit of a victim of the huge rise of gap closers - - sure, he has short range gap close on his ult but...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anisbank

Senior Member

02-05-2013

I agree he's out classed and needs some love, but don't trust Elementz Tier list. ಠ_ಠ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teralisan

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStriike View Post
You are an Horrible Warwick then, u cant die in the jungle with him.... at the moment the problem is hes not fast enough
"last time he was on free week"
I had not even found Runes and Masteries
I STARTED like a week be4 Nami...
yah
I be teh Newbie


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgation View Post
I honestly think the big problem with ww right now is itemization. Mandred's was a core aspect of his kit and there is nothing like it in the game now.

His abilities as designed today create all sorts of build dilemmas - all of his abilities do magic damage, but some scale off AD. On hits work great with him, but now there is little synergy between the strong on hit items and the rest of his abilities.

I think he is also a bit of a victim of the huge rise of gap closers - - sure, he has short range gap close on his ult but...

Madred's was not core on him, you might get it if you are snowballing and you might get it after you sell wriggles when you slots are full.

Core is
Wriggles
Wits end
Merc treads

That is core.
There are a ton of other options now, heck merc treads aren't even core on him anymore. Ninja tabi, switfness and even sorc shoes can work on him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teralisan View Post
"last time he was on free week"
I had not even found Runes and Masteries
I STARTED like a week be4 Nami...
yah
I be teh Newbie

Maybe you should get a bit more experience before commenting on how bad a champ is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firefang Warwick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraxe View Post
Madred's was not core on him, you might get it if you are snowballing and you might get it after you sell wriggles when you slots are full.

Core is
Wriggles
Wits end
Merc treads

That is core.
There are a ton of other options now, heck merc treads aren't even core on him anymore. Ninja tabi, switfness and even sorc shoes can work on him.
I'm not even sure if i would consider those items core on him anymore. The cost to upgrade madreds to wriggles for what you get isn't really worth it in most games, and wits end kept getting nerfed. Frozen mallet is pretty good on him now with the health meta, and if warwick can stick to people they usually drop. Great item for peeling late game most of the time.

I agree with the op. I really miss his old passive from season 1.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grockk

Senior Member

02-05-2013

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but the nerf to frozen mallet hurt Warwick pretty bad. The slow duration was dropped from 2.5 to 1.5 (!). Now just about everyone these days has some kind of quick repositioning ability besides WW, and they can all escape from being permaslowed using it. Ironically, one of the only champs that can be permaslowed these days is WW.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaycezis

Senior Member

02-05-2013

red post would kick ass