@Morello Its been a year since you changed Warwick. Lets look at how they panned out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EbonyKnife

02-12-2013

Remember before they nerfed his Q and he was a common ban in solo queue?

It's pretty obvious increasing his numbers can make him good again. Especially considering how well he was used by Soaz in relatively recent tournaments id say hes not far off...

Trivle

02-12-2013

WW deserves to rot for eating one of the most beloved champs but not teemo.

Firefang Warwick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyKnife View Post

It's pretty obvious increasing his numbers can make him good again. Especially considering how well he was used by Soaz in relatively recent tournaments id say hes not far off...
That was a year ago. With stuff like Elise, Darius and Jayce around he would be less of a monster top lane.

They wouldn't even have to change numbers to really help him out. Simple changes like keeping passive stacks when he switches targets and letting red buff proc off his Q again would really help him without breaking him.

Grockk

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyKnife View Post

Exactly, he doesn't need a redesign he needs a few numerical adjustments. So far we've waited 12 months for them.

Thaenor

02-12-2013

Gotta apologize for dropping in without reading the thread, but I'm somewhat pressed for time and want to leave my two cents.

I used to play Lanewick. A LOT of Lanewick. A lot to the point that I would win lane or force jungle camping every single game. As a Warwick player, I could handle any matchup, any handicap you could throw at me by knowing exactly when to poke, when to play passively, and when to go all in. The ONLY way to shut me down, and what eventually made me give him up was the range on his Q.

Numbers-wise it's literally impossible to trade with Gangplank or Pantheon (the major threats during the twilight of my dominance with WW). In modern terms, his Q is shorter than Darius's. The conditions under which Warwick trades don't matter, skill can make up for it. But if you can bring unanswerable trade against Warwick at levels 1-4, there's absolutely nothing he can do against it.

My one request to the balance team is a range increase on Hungering Strike. Bring the range up to par, and I'll main Warwick again, and with enough practice (read: tons and tons of practice) I know I could eventually do to him what Voyboy did to Olaf. The power is there in his kit, but the only catalyst to that power is in his Q, and the ability to consistently land it.

Incidentally, I have some thoughts about a more comprehensive look at Warwick's skills, but I believe that the single fix to his Q would make all the difference in terms of viability, at least for Lanewick. I bet the range increase and the ability to trigger on-hits (ie red buff) would be enough for Junglewick.

Roit pls

SmugUniverse

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaenor View Post
Roit pls
Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone thinks but with a different approach. I dunno if upping his range would be a good idea though, because free poke that sustains doesn't sound too fun to lane against, but I dunno.

Firefang Warwick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

I'll just leave this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree WW is weak. Want to fix.

Plato83

02-13-2013

long live hyenawick!

SmugUniverse

02-13-2013

Aw ye
I don't care if it takes a long time (well yeah I would but you know what I'm saying)
At least we know that somewhere in morellos mind theres a tiny voice saying
"OI
OI
BUFF WARWICK"