Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

question regarding disconnects

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keltorian

02-05-2013

Last night I was playing a game where I DC'ed about 10 minutes in (the first time this has happened to me). The box popped up on the screen saying "attempting to reconnect", so I waited. After 15 minutes I still had not reconnected, so I exited the game and went to sleep. This morning I logged on and checked my match history to find that the game had recorded me as leaving. I never leave games under normal circumstances, but I don't think it is reasonable to ask someone to sit longer than 15 minutes waiting to reconnect to a game. In the future should I just leave the game sit at "attempting to reconnect" so I don't get recorded as leaving games? Does it eventually stop trying to connect? Can leaving for this reason be punished by the tribunal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zisi

02-05-2013

You should have terminated the game and restarted it. There's no reason to wait 15 mins at that prompt. If your not reconnected in around 30 seconds kill everything and restart the game (it will try to connect again).

As I understand excessive leaving is automatically punished by leavebuster, not by the tribunal system. Everyone gets a leave eventually due to connection issues, personally I have 2 leaves out of about 510 wins.

So in short, if this doesn't happen much, you have nothing to worry about.