Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: LP Loss reduction for games with leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeatRushVII

02-05-2013

I can't for the life of me remember exactly who said it, or where that post went to(my bad, i should always remember to squirrel those things away) but i saw last night that a read said that LP loss would be reduced in games in which your team had one or more leaver. While i applaud riot on finally adding something that helps reduce the loss others inflict on their teams, either out of rage, or out of garbage connections/emergency leaves.

My question however is what does this system consider a "leave". If someone on my team is afk for the first 15 minutes of a 20 minute game, does it count as a leave and reduce the amount lost? Sure he didn't technically leave, he never joined till the last second, but he still had a largely negative impact on the game. To the same tune, if a bunch of people just leave in the last 60 seconds of a game, does their leaving count and cause the team to lose less LP?(This would be an obvious exploit that i hope is safe guarded )

Can any red shed light on this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeatRushVII

02-05-2013

still curious