@Yegg can you answer some questions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iorek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Hey, first of all, this is not a QQ thread, I just thought that Yegg could enlighten me on some questions.

1) If I used to win 7 of 10 ranked games pre-League system and never lose more than 2 games in a row (1500 - 1600) why do I find myself losing like 4 games and winning 1 after this new system? I had to duo with a gold friend of my league to get some TRUE balance on the matchmaking (and I didn't even say that in one match a friend was watching me and he said that enemy team had like 2 / 3 platinums)
And before you say "but you also didn't say that you played with a Silver friend" yes, I did and we won 1 game and lost 2. (1 we had a Taric lvl 1 until like 20 / 25 minutes in) and the other we had a Varus that literally deserved to be 300 elo. (Again, if your system finds people of your skill, how comes we get matched with a Varus that plays like 5x times worse than my friend?

2) How does the "Demote" system works? I won my first match which leaved me at 19 LP. Then lost 1 which leaved me at 0 LP. after there I lost 3 matches more in a row. How comes I didn't get demoted? (I am not asking to be though)

3) If a friend who literally had to play 2k rankeds in S2 to get to 1500 how comes that he can get a 20 win streak with this system? Yes, he went from Silver 1 to Gold 3 in 2 days.
If I got to 1600 this season in 20 rankeds, how comes that with this new system I end up winning 1 of five matches?

Does that mean the system is trying to demote me? and if so, why? I was 1580 pre-Leagues. "Your MMR is not high enough for the division you're in, you gotta earn your gold rating" If that's true, how the **** am I supposed to carry people who deserves to be in bronze against Golds / Plats? inb4 "If you deserve to be there, carry your team" Yes, you can use that as an excuse if you're bronze or maybe silver where you can go mid and get 20 kills, however doing that in Gold is a bit harder and less possible.

I think more questions will come with the time. Feel free to leave your thoughts or even questions.
Hope Yegg comes in and answer :P

PS: Sorry if my grammar sucks, English is not my main language.

Iorek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

please?

chuckdeez59

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iorek View Post

1) If I used to win 7 of 10 ranked games pre-League system and never lose more than 2 games in a row (1500 - 1600) why do I find myself losing like 4 games and winning 1 after this new system?
that's just wrong. I don't get your question. If you won 7/10 ranked games you wouldn't be 15-1600 or you never played more than 20 ranked games.

I really don't understand this question. Play better maybe? Losing and winning has little to do with the ranked system. Maybe you're in a slump? All players go through phases where they play better than others.

Iorek

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdeez59 View Post
that's just wrong. I don't get your question. If you won 7/10 ranked games you wouldn't be 15-1600 or you never played more than 20 ranked games.

I really don't understand this question. Play better maybe? Losing and winning has little to do with the ranked system. Maybe you're in a slump? All players go through phases where they play better than others.
Quote:
If I got to 1600 this season in 20 rankeds,
Read a bit more, maybe?

Iorek

02-05-2013

b