Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Losing A Tier?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KenshinPK

02-05-2013

Ok i know you can lose a division if u get below 0 but can u lose a tier? exp going from sliver to bronze?

KenshinPK

02-05-2013

Im just a little lost

SplendidSorrow

02-05-2013

Quote:
KenshinPK:
Ok i know you can lose a division if u get below 0 but can u lose a tier? exp going from sliver to bronze?

If you sit idle for months...yes.

RamenBLD

02-05-2013

You can't get demoted from a league unless you become inactive for 28 days at division V

senrath

02-05-2013

You can only drop tiers if you're at the bottom of the tier and your rating decays due to inactivity.

KenshinPK

02-05-2013

so if im in div 5 of sliver tier with 0 and i lose like 5 games i wont go back to bronze div 5?

RamenBLD

02-05-2013

Quote:
KenshinPK:
so if im in div 5 of sliver tier with 0 and i lose like 5 games i wont go back to bronze div 5?

Nope. That's the flaw of the new system. Your MMR will continue to drop and you will notice you will play with more bronze players, but you cannot drop any lower in what your division/league is.

Note that you will gain a lot less LP for these wins.

senrath

02-05-2013

You're fine unless you stop playing for a month.

Also, even if you could drop it would be to Bronze 1, not 5.

KenshinPK

02-05-2013

ok so i know u can drop div if u lose to many right? but i cant drops tiers for loseing?

Finx

02-05-2013

That's what everybody has been saying the past 2-3 replies, yes. You cannot drop tiers.