New ranked system is a convoluted disaster.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarbon3000

02-05-2013

Face it, Riot. You did this intentionally to abstract the whole elo ladder so people would have no idea how well (or bad in most cases) they're doing to save the Elo Hell complainers some face.

You are killing your game.

Seraphim

The Council

02-05-2013

Can you explain what you mean further? One sentence isn't a great way to describe a problem you're potentially having.

Zarbon3000

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Can you explain what you mean further? One sentence isn't a great way to describe a problem you're potentially having.
Nobody has any idea of where they stand on the ladder anymore in the grand scale of things. It's like everyone is on a different separate playing field.

senrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

I know that in Gold V I'm ahead of people in Silver or lower. That's more than enough for me.

Seraphim

The Council

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbon3000 View Post
Nobody has any idea of where they stand on the ladder anymore in the grand scale of things. It's like everyone is on a different separate playing field.

So what do you mean? That someone in gold 5 has no idea that someone in gold 1 is higher ranked? Or someone in bronze5 has no clue that diamond1 is better? It seems to be working fine to me really.

RamenBLD

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by senrath View Post
I know that in Gold V I'm ahead of people in Silver or lower. That's more than enough for me.
That's the flaw of this system. No one would any longer know their actual standing in the game. For example, here may be 90% Gold players (exaggerating) but 85% is in Gold V.

The only way to distinguish players now is based on MMR. You will noticed if your MMR is higher than your division that you will face players of higher leagues/ your LP gain will be higher, or you will face players of lower leagues and gain less LP.

Note that the only reason I dislike this is the idea that people can get carried by duoing with a higher elo friend and get dropped off at a higher league(all vanity now) than they deserve.

DragnDave

02-05-2013

I just do not like having to win 3/4 games to get promoted. 3/5 would be better. Yes, I know the series is winning 2/3 but you have to win the game to get in the matches then win 2/3 so it is effectively making you win 3/4 games.

Seraphim

The Council

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenBLD View Post
That's the flaw of this system. No one would any longer know their actual standing in the game. For example, here may be 90% Gold players (exaggerating) but 85% is in Gold V.

The only way to distinguish players now is based on MMR. You will noticed if your MMR is higher than your division that you will face players of higher leagues/ your LP gain will be higher, or you will face players of lower leagues and gain less LP.
I'm trying really hard to understand what people are getting at here. I'm aware that there's you're league standing and MMR, were MMR determines your match up and Leagues determine your standing. How does that not make sense? Are you saying your league placement should determine your match up? If that's the case wouldn't you be sitting around waiting for a game for a longer time?

senrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
I'm trying really hard to understand what people are getting at here. I'm aware that there's you're league standing and MMR, were MMR determines your match up and Leagues determine your standing. How does that not make sense? Are you saying your league placement should determine your match up? If that's the case wouldn't you be sitting around waiting for a game for a longer time?
I think they're complaining about no longer being directly ranked by the same metric that's used by the game to measure their skill.

RamenBLD

02-05-2013

Quote:
I guess I just dislike the idea of people saying "I'm Gold V, so I'm better than you" to a Silver II player. It doesn't mean anything now, and I just hope they realize this new system is for personal gain, not to show off.