This game NEEDS its own Voice system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoStoner

02-05-2013

Typing isnt gunna cut it in this game.

Im not a dota fan but Dota already has this within steam and it makes teamwork and giving/listening to orders very easy.

It would also help tribunal because it could record everyones voice during the whole game. It ll truely show who is trolling or not.

Le MowMow

02-05-2013

Typing cuts it perfectly fine. I have never once used skype or ventrilo for LoL and I have been playing for over two years now. I'm new to ranked but I'm currently 4-2 and I have above a 50% win ratio in all other game modes. Having a sense of map awareness and utilizing pings goes a long way, I know it has for me. Also, trolls are not dumb. If they know their voice is being recorded and being sent to the tribunal any good troll would just not talk. I can agree on implementing a well developed speech system in the game that players can utilize though. It would cut down on the number of programs they are running in the background but it's hardly a requirement to succeed.

iTziLLiRL

02-05-2013

This game is a lot larger than dota, and most of the player base are easily influenced teenagers. A system like that would breed bad behavior, bad attitudes, and trashy teen jokes. No no no very very bad even with an ignore feature.

Alan Lyxion

02-05-2013

And how could the Tribunal tell who's voice was who's? That's my biggest qualm against it. We'd have so much more trolling, cursing, and general abuse, methinks.

Plus, if it could be proven, something slips out from time to time. It happens.

NC Chax

02-05-2013

I think this is a great idea, just with some sort of mute function and perhaps a few rioters just listening on some games to perhaps find trollers or trash talkers. Add a chapter in the summoners code about it etc.

Curo Arcane

02-05-2013

I don't know about you guys, but I find it hard to type in teamfights, or while microing. Also, most people rarely read chat in team fights. Also I typo a lot, and waste time correcting myself. Voice communication is a must. I play over ventrilo and skype all the time. Dota2 nailed this one. There are surprisingly few people who abuse voice chat in Dota2. Most trolls don't even use mics, as they are too afraid to actually talk to people. They prefer to hide behind text.

I am indifferent as to using it for the tribunal. I think it would be too much strain on the servers to save all the voice logs. But if they did, you could easily tell who is talking. The game could easily register an open mic to a player. It's not like hearing a tape recording or something. That's like saying "how can I skype strangers and know who is talking?" Well, their name lights up when they talk.

BouncingDonut

02-05-2013

i think this is a bad idea yes it could be useful but those random people who think there better then you cause you have a higer pitched voice or someone would be screaming throughtout the whole game. ill stick to skypeing with friends

adc

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncingDonut View Post
i think this is a bad idea yes it could be useful but those random people who think there better then you cause you have a higer pitched voice or someone would be screaming throughtout the whole game. ill stick to skypeing with friends
But then you miss out on all those awesome voices people have.

No seriously, I've met some people with Bastion announcer level voices on DotA.

Your Grace

02-05-2013

Good thing half of the people in my bracket speak no english.

Wonderonous

02-05-2013

Amid all the other problems, the amount of server space needed just to allow something like this is ridiculously large, much less to save every voice recording of a game. 1 minute of sound is approximately 1 megabyte, so it would literally be impossible to save the recordings for just an hour.