@Morello - Make jungling easier for "leavers"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

02-05-2013

@Morello

Hihoģ!

I am a bit annoyed by one (ANOTHER!) thing: If your jungle connects later into the game (slow machine, ISP/lags/ping, bugsplat...) it is a pain for them to actually DO jungling except if they are playing Fiddlesticks. The jungle monsters outscaled them a lot by the time they are back and they are dieing and the wraiths (followed by heavy flame of their team).

Possible solutions: Increased damage to or reduced damage from jungle monsters in relation to the time where they disconnected at.

DarkFire

02-05-2013

This isn't possible because the enemy jungler could easily take advantage of the easier jungle camps, and can be potentially exploited by your own team (making laning unfair).

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

02-05-2013

No, my suggestion was that the damage adjustments just reflects the disconnected person.

Armageddal

02-05-2013

Basnap has a point. It's possible. Level 1 AFK players at the fountain can't be killed by global ultimates anymore, due to the patch that gave them huge resistances.

Burstlord

02-05-2013

I do agree somewhat with this. It gets very tiresome to have a 4v5, but then when the person comes back I dont know what to think. Part of me tries not to hate them, because they came back which usually means it was a tech issue that dced them, not them being raging or being a troll.

But on the other hand. A character 5 or more levels under the rest of the team is a a huge liability most of the time. Sure they are not worth much gold, but they are a prime target for enemies using stacking items as they are an easy kill. And they also constantly get killed by karthus ult.

If it is the jungler that dced, the best thing you can do as a team is tank and damage the camps to help them clear faster. Another good idea is sending them to the lane with a missing tower. That allows them to farm the gold and exp they need. This also means an enemy has to commit to dive them, setting your team up for free kills via well timed ganks.

I do agree there should be something to help dced players catch up. whether that be a temp exp boost or gold boost. Just some that allows them to get with playable range.

Keitterman

02-05-2013

I dunno guys, i think it wouldn't really feel right if someone connected and got a buff because they were gone. DC's happen, and win or lose, having a "well, you did receive that buff..." really throws things off.

I've been on the recieving end of a DC as much as the next guy, you take it to the shorts and queue for the next one.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

02-05-2013

Quote:
I do agree there should be something to help dced players catch up. whether that be a temp exp boost or gold boost. Just some that allows them to get with playable range.
I might be missinformed, but from a feeling an EXP boost DOES exist. However, this doesn't help you much in the jungle if you still have to actually KILL something before it kills you.