Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone else feel the undertow nerf was too much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alison from HR

02-05-2013

No, Olaf needs it he takes absolutely no CC for a set amount of time while slowing you and he'll just use his Ghost to run if he sees your low HP he'll undertow you and then dunk you

Alison from HR

02-05-2013

Quote:
SquirtingSquid:
Yes, because as usual they nerf the wrong things.

"Let's ignore his true damage nuke every 4 seconds and nerf his only CC!"
"Brilliant!"

And during those four seconds you get kited or they lifesteal off of you, I don't see the problem on his E as it takes HP to deal the damage.

LastTestament

02-05-2013

Quote:
Ragebeard Manric:
Right, because all champions should have no weaknesses?

You're talking about ****in OLAF being kited. Do you know what his Ult does? It goes **** YOU IM GONNA AXE YOU ANYWAYS and gives the entire enemy team the middle finger.

It's better they nerf Undertow then the things that make Olaf who he is.

Not all but most champs now have gap closers, slows or stuns.

lets take shaco for example...the deceive nerf only hurt if you were chasing some but most times you deceive to gank so that's not the issue...the issue is the slow being nerfed early to the point that you have to nail a box to get the kill or take exhaust which does little for straight up gap breakers.

Meanwhile i can slow you infinity with mundo...I can gap close and fear with nocturne..I can have my way with you as Maokai.

yes olaf can hurt you when he catches you but this does hurt his early ganks quite a bit.

NotBuzzJack

02-05-2013

The slow was so consistent that Olaf wasn't buying Frozen Mallet anymore.

RexSaur

02-05-2013

They overnerfed olaf cause they made him more kiteable AND reduced his raw power.

They should have done either one or the other, not BOTH at the same time.

At the very least he needs the arpen passive back of his ult.

Preffered

02-05-2013

Tbh, the mana nerfs don't do jack, but the slow nerf is insane. You can land 2+ axes and still not catch up to them sometimes.

LastTestament

02-05-2013

Quote:
MrTrifectus:
Tbh, the mana nerfs don't do jack, but the slow nerf is insane. You can land 2+ axes and still not catch up to them sometimes.

pretty much this