cass is weak/up imo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlyphTsen

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
the melee range part is where the hook and windmill attacks -there are quite a lot- show the hand of the char gripping the weapon at one end and at the other hitting with the blade of the same weapon. not melee auto-attack
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. Her ult is TWICE the range of Darius' spin, and outranges ALL of darius' skills (his Apprehend has the longest range, is still 300 units short). Even if you, for whatever reason, really consider ~450-ish range to be "melee" Cassiopeia's ult far exceeds it.

You said in your first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
possible escapes are sub par: either a melee range 2 minute cd 2 sec stun and must flee against chars who teleport or slow; or a very small aoe slow that doesn't seem to last all that long and is easy to avoid or miss with.
That's clearly wrong. Also, her AoE slow isn't that small (it grows) and lasts at least 2 seconds, longer for however longer they're stuck in it. If you can't stay out of range of Apprehend or later escape with a 15-35% slow AND the speed from Q, that, again, is not a fault with the champion.


Quote:
...btw to lane and not be easily killed, you would need to buy 3-4 wards along the whole path every 3 minutes, or sit confined to a turret for most of the game.
That may be true for you, but other, perhaps more skilled players, don't have this problem. Nothing about her kit is more vulnerable to ganks than any other mage without a dash or blink or wall. In fact, Miasma and Q are fantastic ways to stymie or escape a gank, and post 6 her ult can turn a dangerous gank into kills for Cass.

Generally speaking, Cassiopeia's strong laning phases is one of the reasons why people pick her in the first place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
if you read the post you would know why the comparison was made.* right click behind a tanky character? to move there?

*what is yi without speed? he can kill, but can be rushed and stalked at will and farmed for gold. and his killing ability would go down too.
I reread still not seeing the purpose in doing this


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

catraven

Senior Member

02-05-2013

i read your comment and still can't believe you are unable to read.

@GlyphTsen can't really dispute anything you said other than your optimistic theorycrafting but restate that she is up and stats probably prove it. i will try and watch some games to see how she is played


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlyphTsen

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
@GlyphTsen can't really dispute anything you said other than your optimistic theorycrafting but restate that she is up and stats probably prove it. i will try and watch some games to see how she is played
"Stats probably prove it"?

You'll "watch some games and see how she is played"?


Please do come back after you've actually looked at the stats; and also gotten some more games with her, against her, and watching her under your belt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

catraven

Senior Member

02-05-2013

i will and i doubt i will be wrong. you can come back after playing cass having not played her and speculated all this time


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

Senior Member

02-05-2013

You're doing it wrong, Twin Fang's 150 more range than Darius' E. The numbers do not lie, you dun goofed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vaalaa

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
You're doing it wrong, Twin Fang's 150 more range than Darius' E. The numbers do not lie, you dun goofed.
What you say is true but the time you cast Twin Fang's at 150 more range, since she stop moving, Darius E catch you and that's it... dead...

Make her Twin Fang's be able to cast while moving ( like Syndra ) will make it perfect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaalaa View Post
What you say is true but the time you cast Twin Fang's at 150 more range, since she stop moving, Darius E catch you and that's it... dead...

Make her Twin Fang's be able to cast while moving ( like Syndra ) will make it perfect.
150 is very much farther and Darius is one of the slowest melee champions in the game.

Not to mention if you cast Twin Fang without being speed-boosted by Noxious Blast or slowing the target with Miasma, you are doing it really wrong. Combine with Rylai's for slighty-behind-Ashe-level kiting. If all else fails, ult him then go back to doing what I said to ensure you survive the fight.

Cassiopeia has a ton of potential to fight Darius while being untouched.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vaalaa

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
150 is very much farther and Darius is one of the slowest melee champions in the game.

Not to mention if you cast Twin Fang without being speed-boosted by Noxious Blast or slowing the target with Miasma, you are doing it really wrong. Combine with Rylai's for slighty-behind-Ashe-level kiting. If all else fails, ult him then go back to doing what I said to ensure you survive the fight.

Cassiopeia has a ton of potential to fight Darius while being untouched.
Maybe, no place for error for sure. Otherwise you better start to accept the open graveyard for your rooting body lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fargo79

Senior Member

02-05-2013

when i 1st bought cass about 1.5 hears ago or so.. i bought her cause i had never seen her in game at all.. i found out why.. cause she has a high skill cap.. i played her and i hated her... but after practice with her skills.. i learnt how to play her.... am i amazing with her?? no... im probably an average player with her... but with cass i have no issues trading with any champ in the game... people always seem t underestimate cass DPS... they try and dive u under tower.... ulti in face.. pool... q, then twin fang twin fang twin fang.... rinse and repeat... she can be a little mana hungry IF you dont take advantage of her passive... but cass being under powered?? not a chance... she is balanced... all of her DPS she has one draw back she is gankable if she over extends and doesnt ward...

and no i dont see how she is like Master Yi at all... ones a recommended low skill cap assassin.. the other is a skill shot high skill cap mage... close but no cigar.... close like horseshoes and hand grenades....