cass is weak/up imo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

catraven

02-05-2013

to get in range and pull off a sequence, against melee is death. darius' axe pull is as long range as the twin fang . to use twin fang the char stops. to spam it, the char often is still bc 500ms (cd time) is not enough to click movement twice then snap back to the moving target. which means it has to not be targeted
to do it against ranged is possible, but some have more damage and they run away instead

possible escapes are sub par: either a melee range 2 minute cd 2 sec stun and must flee against chars who teleport or slow; or a very small aoe slow that doesn't seem to last all that long and is easy to avoid or miss with.

it is my understanding that the twin fang was nerfed into an aoe ability so it can't proc slow on an item. i don't see why this was with all the above problems
i really think the difficulty rating for cass is simply because the abilities don't cut it with all the cc in the game for other characters plus their high damage.

cass is like yi would be without his speed.

some chars mentioned in these forums easily run at high kd ratios. that isn't exactly skill because it happens a lot for the individual chars. i just scratch my head at how people seem to think cass is great.

Juggernoob

02-05-2013

Twin Fang is definitely not an AoE. And how the hell is Cass like Yi? She is extremely powerful, albeit hard to use, but you are talking about her not being able to take on a tanky champ by herself? So what? You more than likely cannot handle her skill cap, and then ***** about hows shes UP, although more than likely you just suck with her

catraven

02-05-2013

it counts as an aoe i read another thread. i described how cass is like yi already. learn to read. i've played a variety of chars some are like easy mode and clearly op. there can be no doubt.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-05-2013

cass's best escape is right click behind that tanky mother**** looking for a face to beat in.
I have no idea why you would compare cass to yi but cass has been more viable and probably is still more viable than yi

catraven

02-05-2013

if you read the post you would know why the comparison was made.* right click behind a tanky character? to move there?

*what is yi without speed? he can kill, but can be rushed and stalked at will and farmed for gold. and his killing ability would go down too.

Vaalaa

02-05-2013

Twin Fang indeed need something, like Syndra cast on the move will greatly help her...

GlyphTsen

02-05-2013

A few things. Twin Fangs IS treated as an "AoE or DoT" for the purposes of items like Rylies, Spellvamp, and Liandry's. However, that doesn't mean it won't benefit from those (with the exception of Furor enchant), it is simply a reduced effect. In all other ways it is considered a single-target spell.

That out of the way, the last, and most important thing, is that I think catraven is severely mis-representing ranges. First of all, Twin Fang is longer range than Apprehend, by 150 units of measurement. That distance is fairly small, being crossed by Darius in about 0.4 seconds ( a little less) with most boots by D. However, the cast animation for Twin Fang is shorter, so you can still kite, especially if he's slowed by Miasma or your Ult or your allies.

Her Ult has the SAME RANGE as her Q and W, so I have no idea where you get "melee range" out of it. Certainly, Q and W might look longer (since their range is for the center of their AoE) but calling 850 "melee" is disingenuous, or ignorance of the ability at best.

Finally, if you're really going 1v1 against Darius, don't use Twin Fang (or at least don't use it as you normally would). Take advantage of your superior range, slows, and speed buff from Q to maintain "Proper Distance" (on an unrelated note, scew Nine Breaker and it's "Proper Distance"). Nothing's going to force you to fight at close range if you are attentive (even if he Flash Apprehends you should be able to get away with your skills or your own Flash, if you can't live long enough for your slows, Ult, or Q to make a difference it isn't a problem with her kit, but rather that that particular player was too far ahead in items/level).

I don't think that Cass is particularly good, I'd say at this point that she's a little above average, but still not top tier. However, I very much dislike when people put out false information, or otherwise misrepresent how things actually work.

Acanthus

02-05-2013

Cass is extremely powerful with a team that can protect her because she's one of the rare dps mages, second only to Karthus (in my opinion). Moreover, she should excel in the warmogs meta because of her synergy with Liandry's, due to poison. Her main issue is that she lacks escape power, really. She has 1 ground targeted slow on a long-ish cd, or she can blow her ult. It's a fair trade for her output though.

Vaalaa

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlyphTsen View Post
I don't think that Cass is particularly good, I'd say at this point that she's a little above average, but still not top tier. However, I very much dislike when people put out false information, or otherwise misrepresent how things actually work.
She like Syndra, need some love

catraven

02-05-2013

the melee range part is where the hook and windmill attacks -there are quite a lot- show the hand of the char gripping the weapon at one end and at the other hitting with the blade of the same weapon. not melee auto-attack ...btw to lane and not be easily killed, you would need to buy 3-4 wards along the whole path every 3 minutes, or sit confined to a turret for most of the game.