Hecarim Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Love Taps

07-11-2012

Please give my criticism and feedback (Likes help too.) I still have to add a few features and sections to the guide, but it has the general information done.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=29865

Love Taps

07-11-2012

Anyone have some input?

Boomstick II

07-11-2012

Pretty much exactly how I play him. One thing you could change is instead of the 3% MS mastery for when you're above 70% HP, you could take the HP regen. It's not much, but it may help you get off another gank or two early game since it'll help keep your health up a bit. I'm not sure 3% MS will really make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful gank although it would definitely be beneficial.

Good guide IMO

Love Taps

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstick II View Post
Pretty much exactly how I play him. One thing you could change is instead of the 3% MS mastery for when you're above 70% HP, you could take the HP regen. It's not much, but it may help you get off another gank or two early game since it'll help keep your health up a bit. I'm not sure 3% MS will really make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful gank although it would definitely be beneficial.

Good guide IMO
Thanks, I'll think about that but I feel like Philo usually gives enough. A lot of the time when you start a teamfight or gank you're above 70% and that can be a person getting away or not with how his kit is setup - the 3 health regen is equal to one quint (approx) where as the 70% movespeed is equal to two quints (if you're above 70%.)

Undertaker c2

07-11-2012

Really a fantastic build guide, tried it out and it went great!
I have a Hecarim thread that I just posted in this board, please drop in and join the discussion!

Love Taps

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2TRC View Post
Really a fantastic build guide, tried it out and it went great!
I have a Hecarim thread that I just posted in this board, please drop in and join the discussion!
Give me a link and I'll be sure too! Thanks - a lot of people seem to build him wrong so I figured I'd make a guide about him.

Undertaker c2

Love Taps

07-11-2012

Quote:
I (like many other players) find him to be a fairly weak and lackluster jungler.
False

Quote:
Between trying to find a good build order for him
Use the build I showed you.

Quote:
trying to find good runes for him
ArP Reds, Armor Yellows, MR/Lvl Blues, MS Quints

Quote:
trying to find his true niche on the Fields of Justice, he can be kind of a pain to use. It's double-bad when you're as new of a player as I am.
He's a bruiser, like a lot of other junglers he does good AoE damage and can initiate extremely well. You shouldn't be the main initiator, but should wait for the fight to break out and dive for their AD Carry or whoever.

Quote:
Generally, when I jungle as him I start with Cloth armor +5 health pots, and then try to gank as much as possible to afford Wriggles, Boots (which I'll ask about below), and at least one GP10 item before I start building TF (I go Zeal, Phage, TF on that). After that, I don't really know where to go.
Don't start Cloth, Start Boots or Regrowth Pendant and get a good leash on blue. Also don't build wriggles, he doesn't need it. You also should go Phage -> Zeal -> Sheen.

Quote:
He's tanky but not tanky enough, even though you can stack speed to make him an effective AD fighter with things like Phantom Dancer and TF, I feel like that's selling him and his good QWER short. Generally, I just round it out with other movement buffing things so I end up with something like Boots, TF, Phantom Dancer, Wriggles, SR, and FoN, Yomuu's Ghostblade (or both if I sell Wriggles), or even a Bloodthirster.
He get's super tanky and does decent damage with his Q in team fights. You should NEVER build Phantom Dancer on him. His passive is good, but just forget about it and build him like you would any other bruiser (after FH/TF.) Ghostblade isn't good on him and SR is situational.

Quote:
Another problem I run into is I'm not really familiar enough with the system to know when to STOP stacking MS for fear of running into diminishing returns on buffs like Ghost and SR. I've read the wiki article on it, and looked a few other places, and it's either completely above my head or not really clear to me.
Like I said previously, don't stack movespeed. The passive isn't as good as you're making it out to be.

Quote:
He seems like he'd be an effective AD carry (like ashe where you'd want him to end up with like 700 minion kills in the endgame)
No.

Quote:
Like I said, I'm an open newb but I think Hecarim is a really badass character with a lot of potential.
Yes, tons of potential.

Love Taps

07-11-2012

Bump!

Love Taps

07-12-2012

Bump!