Rune Pages (AD, AP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Max7238

07-12-2012

I want to make two general rune pages now that I have all the champs I want. I generally use tanky characters, mostly ones like Nautilus, Renekton, Rammus, Volibear, Jax, Singed, and Olaf. I do also have Ashe, Brand, Shaco, Fiddlesticks, and Janna as my squishy champs.

Would there be a way to build general AD and general AP pages that would benefit tanky champs while still being useful for damage (minus Rammus, since his power through his passive is enough...)? I've seen this asked before, but it's always for carries and mages with no health to speak of, which is not my style at all. I'm decent as those types of characters, but I only use them when no one on my team can mid, or we have no damage base as a team...

Thanks for your time.

Evolnemesis

07-12-2012

Generic Tanky AD Page: 6 Armpen Marks, 3 Flat AD Marks, Flat Armor seals, MR/level glyphs, Flat AD Quints.

This gives you 10 Armpen (good vs champs if you do physical damage, and all you will need for minions and jungle creeps) and 10 AD, flat armor you will need, and the MR you will want late and mid game. Flat MR glyphs are another possibility, as they really are better until level 9, it depends on how much you worry about magic damage early in the game... personally I don't really as a bruiser, so I like the scaling ones myself. You might also want to just go with all AD marks instead of the combination with 10 armor pen, as the champs you mentioned have abilities that mostly scale very well with AD and some are not all physical damage (like Jax).

Generic AP page: Mpen Marks, Mana Regen/5/level Seals, AP/level glyphs, and flat AP quints.

These runes are pretty much the ones everyone uses, and gives a good balance of early and late game power and mana sustain, but AP Mids can also use Flat MR glyphs for more protection against the enemy mid, which gives you the ability to be more aggressive and farm better in lane than the AP/level glyphs do, or replace the mana seals with AP/level, Flat Armor or HP/level seals if they don't need the extra mana.

Edit: for shaco I'd probably go with Armor seals.

Judas Priest

07-12-2012

My AP runes are MP as mark, flat AP for for gliph and quint, and the seals depends on the campion... usually, mana geren.

Max7238

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
Snipped
Thanks for the help. Makes very good sense as well.

Evolnemesis

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
My AP runes are MP as mark, flat AP for for gliph and quint, and the seals depends on the campion... usually, mana geren.
Flat AP glyphs can work too, especially if your mage has some ability with very good scaling like 1.0 or above... but those really only benefit your early game, so I think the idea if you get flat over scaling AP is to get them only if you think the extra early power is going to get you an early kill or you need it to zone/farm... If i went with a lot of early flat AP I think I'd go all out and get flat AP seals too.

Remember though, that scaling AP glyphs (and seals, if you get those) will scale very well with your deathcap if you get one as well as your attack masteries, and I believe they are both better than the flat ones by level 7.