Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My take on supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeneralZhukov

02-05-2013

They keep getting nerfed. Almost every patch(besides the s3 overhaul) they get nerfed; directly or indirectly. I personally believe that this is because they have so much power in competitive. They are the ones who set up plays and ensure wins. They give the team things to capitalize on(wards spotting stragglers etc.)

Sadly, in every range NOT competitive, teammates cannot take advantage of anything you set up as support. And thus, these nerfs, while necessary for a healthy competitive scene, hurts supporting for everyone else.

Thoughts?

GeneralZhukov

02-05-2013

Bump

Orion69

02-05-2013

They got such a tremendous buff compared to where they were, and then you include the amount of champs that can be played as support now, I'd say they could throw a couple more support nerfs and still they would be in a better position than they were in season 2.

Snakeblade

02-05-2013

I have a pretty good time with support. I feel confident saying im the reason mf got anuthing early game as i work to zone, ward, counter ward, initiate, counter initiate, buff her, debuff others etc. Honestly if i get a half decent ad carry and cooperation from the jungler when i tell him when and where to gank its a huge difference. There are supports that are just too strong for the ammount of actual support they bring to a team. Take ap jana she could nuke extremely hard but still had all the fantastic utility that made her strong without ap. Damage is such a hard thing to manage with supports. If sona ult can turn fights alone without the damage imagine if it scaled well and supports rushed kages and deathcap. Sona could manage to burst the enemy adc from half. Now this feels great as a support but it also seems wrong compared to others, graves need 100 farm to put out an early burst like that but supports could have it with 0 cs. Its nice to feel like a damage dealer sure but supports really are meant for utility above all else.

AcrobaticApricot

02-05-2013

uhhhh i don't know what you're talking about

why are people incapable of following up on the support's plays in solo queue games?