Riot, you are wrecking this game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

With your constant switching of items due to professed "balancing", the transition from S2 to S3 has been nothing more than an excuse to crucify champions certain game devs have disliked (I'm guessing a very long time now) to absolutely butchering some of the best items in game, removing them, or breaking them into useless piles of ****.

To begin...

Executioner's Calling
This was my core #1 item in my Draven build, and I now find it is totally worthless. Removing the life steal % from it made it totally unviable for any champion to build it, ever. It had a very small niche in game, which you saw fit to knock its spot off of. It's like someone at your offices is jerking off furiously at the mere mention of players building BT's, and wants to nerf any other option but that overused, OP item.

Tiamat
Melee only now? So, no more having large AoE "shraphnel" blasts from Tristana & Corki?!? Again, there was a very tiny group of us that used Tiamat, even as ****ty as it was before, and now its delegated to a core item for another new OP BS item.

Warmog's
The health stacking on this was actually a bit fun, and it made it to where just because you bought it you weren't instantly the super tank god of SR. It should be changed back to its old stats & effects, so that everyone & their uncle that's not a tank won't be buying it just to happily stroll through ults.

Every removed item
This was you, at your dumbest. Singed, and many other champions relied upon some of these, the best core items in the game, that have been around forever. (With the exception of Moonflair Spellblade, Cloak & Dagger, and Ionic Spark, whom I feel never really found their niche in game.) Instead you add stupid, useless **** like Mikael's Crucible, and the Shard of True Ice. Which in theory, and theme, are good items, but really just fall short of being anything better than an inventory slot waste. I'm not done ranting at you...I'll be back, this post is going into champion feedback, as well.

Acanthus

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterage View Post
you add stupid, useless **** like Mikael's Crucible, and the Shard of True Ice. Which in theory, and theme, are good items, but really just fall short of being anything better than an inventory slot waste. I'm not done ranting at you...I'll be back, this post is going into champion feedback, as well.
Because giving supports items is blasphemy. (Sarcasm if you can't tell.)

And any player worth their salt will know that stacking BTs on an adc is bad.

Rakaydos

02-05-2013

Quote:
Tiamat
Melee only now? So, no more having large AoE "shraphnel" blasts from Tristana & Corki?!? Again, there was a very tiny group of us that used Tiamat, even as ****ty as it was before, and now its delegated to a core item for another new OP BS item.
Iceborn Gauntlet.

Do you know why Tiamat is melee only and Hurricane is ranged only?

Consider this- what if the secondary bolts from the hurricane procced tiamat? Would you consider that OP? Riod did. So rather than nerf each of the items to uselessness, they simply made them never interact in the game.

Mradr

02-05-2013

I don't totally agree with you here. Yes they are having issues with some of the season 3 items that should still act like season 2 items and items that should have another look at after the patch, but that number is low enough I wouldn't consider a total fail on their part.

Black Cleaver(fix as far as I can see),
Sightstone (needs a redesign as far as I care >.>),
Warmog (just needs the stacking back)

just off the top of my head...

Mikael's Crucible and the Shard of True Ice are nice support items that can be used by other nonsupport champs as well. I think we haven't seen the end of Shard of True Ice as people are explorering how good it is.

Mikael's Crucible has a long enough CD that it's not op by any means. Now, I will agree that the path to making it seems strange... but over all a item that can be used to remove stunning and slow effects is good to have in this game due to the number of AOE champs it has now.

Vuther

02-05-2013

Quote:
Tiamat
Oh man, thanks for this paragraph, I'm set for the rest of the day now. Hilarity.