Man... Sion's model is terrible.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Romeemperor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Really sion just needs a kit with more than 2 abilities. Either was you play him (ap or some variation of AD) is almost always wrong.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Sion definitely needs some love. What would your expectation for an update be? His current (typical) gameplay doesn't really lend itself to 'beefy guy with axe'. Do you think we'd need to change the kit or visuals in order to get something cohesive, or would you be satisfied with a straight improvement of his looks with his current abilities?
He needs work on both ends.

In my opinion,he should be a tanky AD guy.Crit Sion has always been mor efun for me...Oh well.Visually,I expect him to be more muscular.Don't care,if he is a zombie.He was probably a walking muscle mountain,when he was alive.The visual upgrade should show that.

Utensil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Sion definitely needs some love. What would your expectation for an update be? His current (typical) gameplay doesn't really lend itself to 'beefy guy with axe'. Do you think we'd need to change the kit or visuals in order to get something cohesive, or would you be satisfied with a straight improvement of his looks with his current abilities?
I think he needs an entire rework (visuals + kit). No matter which way you go, AP or AD, he only uses two abilities essentially (Q + W for AP and E, R for AD (although a stun still is useful and a shield is nice but lots of mana for an AD))

The Sound

02-05-2013

Quote:
:O

Well, I know you guys are super busy and all, but my 2 cents would be to get a kit rework and visual update done at once, just so that you can be done with it. If you just do a visual update, people will start complaining about his awkward kit.

Obviously it's a bit tricky, especially since he's one of those infinite scaling type characters. I think more gearing him towards the melee hyper carry he can be would lend himself more to the "beefy guy with axe" idea, if that's what your plan is with him. Some sort of kit rework in that regard would be awesome.

Random idea I know isn't that good, but having his W shield scale off of max HP and allows Sion to ignore cc while it lasts would be pretty neat, especially since his HP scales off his E.

Allows him to not get insta gibbed in teamfight, when the other team goes "LOL AD Sion? Exhaust/ignite".

Again, just my 2 cents, and thanks for asking a silver elo pubtrash his opinion. Makes me feel special :P

EDIT: Or you could make his ult like a Skeleton King type resurrection. Goes thematically with him being killed on the battlefield and brought back to life. Plus would make him carry material.

Crs Zyanide

02-05-2013

Dont touch AP Sion, as it counters Kat hard.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-05-2013
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalmyth View Post
I think Sion should definitely look a bit different~ more undead. Actually... Ames, to be honest, I'm "fairly" new at the game, since about Summer '12.... and I had no idea Sion was undead until very recently.

Like someone said that Sion has that hidden ability with Leona because of Plants vs Zombies. I went, Sion is a zombie? He doesn't look anything like a Zombie really... I thought he was just a big demon of some sort...

I would definitely try to bring out the more undead aspects of him, even make him a bit lankier. KEEP the axe though.
Hm. Okay- good feedback! I wonder if the problem is that he's very dated, so it's hard to make that connection? Or is it just that the original theme wasn't executed very well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantHam View Post
Sion needs a rework in both aspects. I mean if he is a mage WHERE IS HIS HAT?
It's in the shop. You have to buy it first. What kind of game do you think this is, giving out free hats?

MeKnowKungfu

02-05-2013

change his voice actor.. his voice sounds like a dumb

Fomorian27

02-05-2013

It might be cool if he became a gaunt shamanistic ghoul instead of a big beefy guy...

When I started playing I was flamed a lot for playing ad sion. Everyone would tell me that ap is the way pros play him, and everywhere I would hear that ad sion was garbage. But I couldn't get myself to play him ap. The guy has a giant axe, therefore he must be ad. If you were to rework the theme of the guy himself I guess I wouldn't have any problem with playing him ap though. Like above mentioned, a witch doctor esque character whose gaze might actually be frightening enough to freeze you in your tracks.

But obviously in a perfect world I would like a full ability rework where the character kit and model both get updated cohesively rather than piecemeal. It'd be the greatest thing in the world if my ad sion was somehow made viable.

Kijitow

02-05-2013

Quote:
It's in the shop. You have to buy it first. What kind of game do you think this is, giving out free hats?
Why, you'd need a digital hat simulator for such a thing.

Surely there is no game like that.

Ayketh

02-05-2013

Sion would look much better being more undead; you could even go so far as to change his weapon into something entirely different and you'd still keep the same theme. His character isn't well defined. His abilities don't define him very well either, so clearly his visuals need to be made into something more defining to compensate.

12345612 ... 33