Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sight wards worth 10 gold?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bugog

02-05-2013

I just finished a game where I killed a sight ward and it was only worth 10 gold. I think it was from wriggles lantern, but I can't be 100% sure (I don't think anyone on their team had a sightstone or ruby sightstone). Is this a bug? I know they were going to increase the bounty on sightstone wards, and I kind of assumed that would include wriggles.

I doubt it was the free ward in the support tree (not sure how much that one is worth) because it was being used to ward baron late int he game.

Bugog

02-05-2013

Bump because I want to know if this is a bug or working as intended

xStolen

02-05-2013

sightstone wards kill gold are cheaper than normal wards kill gold

edit: also as you already stated it possibly same thing from the wriggles ( though the wriggles im not sure about) im 100% sure about the sightstone

kspksp

02-05-2013

Sight/vision wards are worth 25 gold, and ghost wards (from sightstone and wriggles) are worth 10 gold.

3eeSHKaiSeR

02-05-2013

Quote:
Morello:

• Sightstone
    [COLOR="darkred"]These changes are to reduce the excessive amount of early vision teams can acquire with little cost. This should create more opportunities to gank and reward counter play, especially for junglers.[/COLOR]
    • Recipe changed: Ruby Crystal + 475 gold = 950 gold (from 700)
    • Health increased to 180 from 100
    • Gold reward for Sightstone wards increased to 25 from 10

[LIST][*]Ruby Sightstone
[COLOR="darkred"] These changes are to reduce the excessive amount of early vision teams can acquire with little cost. This should create more opportunities to gank and reward counter play, especially for junglers.[/COLOR]
  • Total cost increased to 1550 gold from 1300
  • Health increased to 360 from 300
  • Gold reward for Ruby Sightstone wards increased to 25 from 10

These are from 3.01 patch notes

Bugog

02-05-2013

Thanks to all who responded.

Quote:
kspksp:
Sight/vision wards are worth 25 gold, and ghost wards (from sightstone and wriggles) are worth 10 gold.

That's not actually true anymore. Sightstone and ruby sightstone wards are worth 25 gold now, according to the recent patch notes (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/patch-301-notes) (and testing in game).

Quote:
Sightstone
These changes are to reduce the excessive amount of early vision teams can acquire with little cost. This should create more opportunities to gank and reward counter play, especially for junglers.

Recipe changed: Ruby Crystal + 475 gold = 950 gold (from 700)
Health increased to 180 from 100
Gold reward for Sightstone wards increased to 25 from 10
Ruby Sightstone
These changes are to reduce the excessive amount of early vision teams can acquire with little cost. This should create more opportunities to gank and reward counter play, especially for junglers.

Total cost increased to 1550 gold from 1300
Health increased to 360 from 300
Gold reward for Ruby Sightstone wards increased to 25 from 10

I guess I just don't know if the wriggles was overlooked on purpose, or if they just didn't think to include it also. Kind of stinks to miss out on 15 extra gold when you use a vision ward. D:

The Crimson King

02-05-2013

I'm thinking this may be a bug, because I've been getting 10 gold for most wards I've been killing. Maybe it's always been the 60 second ward, or the ward from wriggles, but it feels like I'm seeing 10 gold more then 25 every time I kill a ward.

Best Fizz EU

02-05-2013

Quote:
Bugog:
Thanks to all who responded.

That's not actually true anymore. Sightstone and ruby sightstone wards are worth 25 gold now, according to the recent patch notes (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/patch-301-notes) (and testing in game).

I guess I just don't know if the wriggles was overlooked on purpose, or if they just didn't think to include it also. Kind of stinks to miss out on 15 extra gold when you use a vision ward. D:

Wriggle's may have been left intentionally at 10 gold because it's not as commonly used or as powerful as sightstones.

Lemon8or

02-05-2013

Maybe it was the free 60 second ward in utility mastery tree?

Bugog

02-05-2013

Quote:
Lemon8or:
Maybe it was the free 60 second ward in utility mastery tree?

I can't definitively say that it wasn't a 60 second utility mastery tree ward, but I have my doubts because it was used to ward baron at the 40-45 minute mark. I highly doubt someone is going to sit on a free ward that long.