Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is /equalize?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkCrimsonDeath

02-08-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3101413
That /equalize
*/equalize

Ragequitternob

Recruiter

02-08-2013

would equalize system be abused easily becaise of the easy way of voting and "trying" to make the game balance as it should be. I personally think that this function can only be used if the opposing team doesn't want to surrender and contioue playing. Which would be fair. Or else the function is inbalance

FeedMe2KillU

02-08-2013

Quote:
DarkCrimsonDeath:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3101413
That /equalize
*/equalize

(Sincerely I'm not sure if you're agreeing with this other thread, or mocking him, but anyway...)
I think that this other thread actually have a point.

gintsu

02-09-2013

I love the feature but I can't see many teams using it when most just want to win. The fact that it is pbe often takes second place in the reason for them playing. For most players they still love to win fast and easy. I would love to see this system with a built in automatic equalize that will kick in when each player on the team falls behind a set point. Otherwise what stops the other team from simply ignoring the fact that it's there or only doing it when they know they can win either way.

TheWachdy2011

02-15-2013

Ola k ase

Cínnamon

02-15-2013

It doesn't seem like equalize would be used much since everyone wants to win. People would think "Why should we give the other team a boost if we're winning? We'll probably lose because of it." It might be good when people leave in the middle of the game to make the game even or in customs.

Xedrox

08-03-2013

bu,p

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

08-03-2013

One possible issue, Xelnath:

Team 1 has a killer early team-comp, and gets 5 kills and 7 towers by 15:00.
Meanwhile, Team 2 has only gotten 1 kill and 1 tower.
Gold lead is about 7000 gold (pretty huge).

If Team 1 votes to equalize, Team 2 would gain 7000 gold.

However, they would also have 6 more towers available to destroy. And since, in theory, the game is back to balanced, it very well could quickly swing to be lobsided in the other direction due to all that available global gold.

Suggestion:
If you pass an equalize vote, either have it (first) equalize towers, or reduce tower gold rewards to zero for the next X tower kills (however many the losing team was behind by).

HPfunman

08-04-2013

I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this but how is the bonus gold and xp distributed? Does each player get Gold advantage/5 amount of gold and every player that is not level 18 yet get xp advantage/number of eligible players? Also, how does this work with dcers? If its a 4v5 giving gold to the disconnected member is not helpful but giving it only to active players could also be abused if everyone but the adc dc's and then he/she gets the full sum of the gold and xp advantage since the enemy team would have no way to know who is connected to the game, then once /equalize is used they all reconnect. Maybe a balance between the two would be to only not reward the equalize to players who have been inactive for 5 minutes.

TL;DR don't give a part of the gold and xp to people who have dcd for 5+ minutes