Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is /equalize?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EarthruneSkarner

02-07-2013

Suggestion: change the function so that it takes AFK/leavers into account, somehow.

Anrita

02-07-2013

I'm curious if this /equalize has an effect on streak penalties/rewards which are already in place to help the losing team catch up, as I understand it.

fredblaze01

02-07-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
I've been running some development playtests on the PBE recently. Something I noticed is that while a lot of the test games start out really solidly, they occasionally snowball into stompfests.

This isn't particularly helpful for testing new features, so I am adding the /equalize command to let players on the PBE "catch up" the struggling team's gold and XP to their current values. This means if you're having a good match, but lose a couple key teamfights, you can help us out by using /equalize.

I'll let you guys know when I've worked all of the kinks out of the /equalize system and you can help us make our tests even better.

p.s. I've noticed a few of you guys throw around the idea of allowing it in custom games on live. That's not a bad idea... but it needs a lot more work first.

can we have an option to share gold and experience with our team? the game would be 300% more awesome! pretty sure everyone would like it.

ex: someone on your team Disconnected from the game (reconnect lvl 1 and can't lane because he's too weak)
ex:you play support and your carry dc you take the cs and xp to share with him when he comes back(would really help)
ex:you're jungling your team die the minion pushing to their tower you pick up the farm and give it to them if needed
or as a strategy for farming (mordekaiser nidalee) and even more!

starting in custom game and maybe implemented later in SR? ^_^

Bidorr the Great

02-07-2013

Quote:
fredblaze01:
can we have an option to share gold and experience with our team? the game would be 300% more awesome! pretty sure everyone would like it. ex: someone on your team Disconnected from the game (reconnect lvl 1 and can't lane because he's too weak) you play support and your carry dc you take the cs and xp to share with him when he comes back(would really help),you're jungling your team die you pick up their farm and give it to them later if they really need it (purchase an item have to back etc) or as a strategy for farming (mordekaiser nidalee) and even more!

I said the same thing in the other thread you started:

What's to stop a team from stacking all gold/xp generating items (gp10 items, runes & masteries) and funneling them to the carries? I feel like that would give an entirely new meaning to the word "snowballing"

fredblaze01

02-07-2013

Quote:
Bidorr the Great:
I said the same thing in the other thread you started:

What's to stop a team from stacking all gold/xp generating items (gp10 items, runes & masteries) and funneling them to the carries? I feel like that would give an entirely new meaning to the word "snowballing"

sharing XP to someone under your level and gold to someone with less item,gold and CS then you and a limit to the maximum sharing gold to avoid "snowballing"

Bidorr the Great

02-07-2013

Quote:
fredblaze01:
sharing XP to someone under your level and gold to someone with less item,gold and CS then you and a limit to the maximum sharing gold to avoid "snowballing"

I actually just saw the note about how /equalize is intended to be PBE only... Honestly, I was only concerned with the whole snowballing thing on the live server...

So yeah... nevermind ;p I really have been thinking about an option like what you suggest for some time.

fredblaze01

02-07-2013

Quote:
Bidorr the Great:
I actually just saw the note about how /equalize is intended to be PBE only... Honestly, I was only concerned with the whole snowballing thing on the live server...

So yeah... nevermind ;p I really have been thinking about an option like what you suggest for some time.

Blasterboy

Recruiter

02-07-2013

Quote:
Draconic74:
If the goal is to get a full inventory quickly, shouldn't they just implement "/givegold xxxx" and "/givelevel xx"?

Could be restricted to custom games with an option to enable cheats (I guess you would call them that). If they think that too many people would flood into single-person games restrict it to custom games with a certain number of people, this generally ensures that they are collaborating to test something.

This is what I was suggesting, DoTA 2 has a system just like that, you can enable/disable cheats (Custom games only) and you can:

Spawn (bot) Champions, (Heroes) Minions (Both team and jungle),
Give your self gold, and levels. I think that would be cool to mess around with. Me and my friend enjoy going into games and getting as strong as possible, then fighting, however, this takes upwards of an hour just to get to a decent point in power, having something like this would be nice for him and I. (And anyone else that does so) (I may have said this before, I don't remember :P) Even if this is just on the PBE, I think it would be cool to have.

Now that I think about it, it could help with balance, ex:

"If you stack x item, you are getting this much of Y (Say AD) and that does this amount of damage" While I do agree that it could mess with the game a little, it could speed up balancing (Like you guys did to Warmogs. If it's used correctly)
it would help noobs (If it's on live, and easy to find and such) learn how to build who, so maybe we wont have as many "trolls" (People that don't know what they are doing might be considered that). I hope that you guys at Riot may at least consider this to be a feature, as IMO, if used correctly, could help out in many fields, should it be on live or PBE.

DrHextechDude

02-08-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Only the winning team can activate it.

Why would the enemy team help the other team come back and why not win the game o.O?

Cheese

02-08-2013

Quote:
DrHextechDude:
Why would the enemy team help the other team come back and why not win the game o.O?

This is PBE, not live. /equalize is not and will not (as far as we know) be enabled on live.