Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is /equalize?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Quote:
XenGaming:
For knowledge's sake (I like understanding as many system's as possible so I can better explain them to other summoners), how high of a lead would the winning team have now with the tweaks once this goes active?

Will it indeed be a snowball fest requirement (2X losing teams average); or will a flat gold advantage be taken into account?

Side note: This is AWESOME. Thanks again to all you guys at Riot working to make the PBE a better place for us all.
Steadily the atmosphere is improving, and I don't think you guys hear it enough!

Lastly while I'm here anyways, are new "pings" something you guys can discuss? Or is that still just a leaked rumor that you folks would prefer to not comment on?

The version you get next will have *no* limits on it.

I intend to add a 10% gold requirement and at least +2 levels.

RageAge

Recruiter

02-06-2013

So does the losing team get no say in whether or not they get equalized? I could see that happening and feel like cheating, as well as the winning team not wanting to give up their lead. Could it be initiated by the losing team, and then voted on by the winning team or something of this sort? I feel like such a game altering mechanic should require more than a 40% agreement to pass.

Nekrocow

02-06-2013

Quote:
RageAge:
So does the losing team get no say in whether or not they get equalized? I could see that happening and feel like cheating, as well as the winning team not wanting to give up their lead. Could it be initiated by the losing team, and then voted on by the winning team or something of this sort? I feel like such a game altering mechanic should require more than a 40% agreement to pass.

PBE is supposed to be a beta testing environment, non competitive.

Pvt Ryan

02-06-2013

My only question is when are you going to apply this to the Live servers? XD
Kidding aside, this is going to make the more casual custom games more exciting (by reducing snowballing teams), but by making the atmosphere of games more friendly and professional, I think people will start to look for more bugs since they're not worrying too much about dunking the other team of scrubs. My actual question is which team is going to be able to use this, because I could definitely see benevolent teams giving the other team equalization, but I could also see people going AFK and just equalizing themselves when they get back.

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Only the winning team can activate it.

Komeiji Koishi

02-06-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
The version you get next will have *no* limits on it.

I intend to add a 10% gold requirement and at least +2 levels.

In my opinion I can judge better throughout the course of a game how much of an advantage is enough to warrant an equalize vote as opposed to an arbitrary number, which is perhaps a bit arrogant on my part, but my teammates might not feel the same way when they're having fun, as the saying goes, beating the dog while its down. But we will wait and see the results positive and negative from the next build that will include this system.

DreamsOfGrandeur

02-06-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Probably not. It would lead to a lot of weird/defunct games.

But but but...

We want weird/defunct custom games!

Gentleman Thief

02-07-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Probably not. It would lead to a lot of weird/defunct games.

What do you mean by that? They're just Custom Games, so what's the harm? I've wanted to be able to set starting gold and levels in them for a while now. As it is right now, Custom Games are not very customizable. I want to be able to see if I, playing as Champion X, could beat my friend playing Champion Y if we were both at full build without having to spend half an hour farming in the Proving Grounds.

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-07-2013

Equalize is now enabled on the PBE.

It doesn't equalize towers yet, but should help a lot in testing.

EarthruneSkarner

02-07-2013

I don't get the function. What does it do, exactly?