Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is /equalize?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Quote:
OMGWTFROTFLBBQ:
When going through the /equalize vote can we take a look to the overall gold advantage before actually voting in the opposing team's favor? If it's only a small gold advantage it doesn't need equalization, on the other hand a 2:1 gold advantage might warrant a vote.

Done.

Blasterboy

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Would you consider a feature that could be used for build testing such as in DoTA? Give yourself a set amount of gold, or unlimited, (Custom only of course) And/or levels? I think that would be a good addition to the game, even if it's only on the PBE, I would enjoy having it.

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Probably not. It would lead to a lot of weird/defunct games.

Wards win games

02-06-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Done.

For knowledge's sake (I like understanding as many system's as possible so I can better explain them to other summoners), how high of a lead would the winning team have now with the tweaks once this goes active?

Will it indeed be a snowball fest requirement (2X losing teams average); or will a flat gold advantage be taken into account?

Side note: This is AWESOME. Thanks again to all you guys at Riot working to make the PBE a better place for us all.
Steadily the atmosphere is improving, and I don't think you guys hear it enough!

Lastly while I'm here anyways, are new "pings" something you guys can discuss? Or is that still just a leaked rumor that you folks would prefer to not comment on?

Grandlord Vaxid

02-06-2013

Can I ask the possibility of being able to see our total gold? Maybe right above the mini-map there would be a counter for how much gold you have collected over the course of a game. I'm not asking about being able to see gold of your opponents, but it would help for collecting data.

XxFakeDavidxX

02-06-2013

I dont believe the winning team will be knowledged in how far ahead they are, nor would they like to initiate anything to cause the other teams advance.

In my opinion, I believe any player on any team should be able to initiate the /equalize command, (as long as certain standards are met, of course, such as any ratio that would come into play with kills/money) and then all 10 players, (or the winning team only, because honestly, it's in the losing teams best interest to accept anyways.) will vote on whether the equalization will occur.

Just food for thought.

XxFakeDavidxX

02-06-2013

Quote:
Grandlord Vaxid:
Can I ask the possibility of being able to see our total gold? Maybe right above the mini-map there would be a counter for how much gold you have collected over the course of a game. I'm not asking about being able to see gold of your opponents, but it would help for collecting data.

I agree with this. I'd like to see more information available in-game, as opposed until post-game results, such as total team gold earned, and my teammates gold. I know it's their information, but the ability to see the opposing teams total gold, individual gold count, along with my own teams, would greatly increase how people view others, for example, if someone focuses on killing champions, and have a kill count of 5/1/0, but little CS, you will assume they have a high gold count, but will be low on levels.

It'd be nice to see which aspects of the game advance, which methods fail, and which don't really matter.

Just food for thought.

Draconic74

02-06-2013

Quote:
HowardDeanFan:
Interesting. I hope it doesn't turn into a way to start a game, feed like hell with your team then "equalize" to gain quick lvls/gold. Not that it really matters honestly (and that might be an efficient way to simply get to full build quick to test certain things) but I wouldn't put anything past pointless griefers in PBE.

If the goal is to get a full inventory quickly, shouldn't they just implement "/givegold xxxx" and "/givelevel xx"?

Could be restricted to custom games with an option to enable cheats (I guess you would call them that). If they think that too many people would flood into single-person games restrict it to custom games with a certain number of people, this generally ensures that they are collaborating to test something.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Hey why don't we put it into Live at some point? If the winning team doesn't want the game to be a one sided stompfest, and if they're honorable enough to want the enemy team to have a chance, I don't see why we couldn't have this feature.

AbigRichard

02-06-2013

I was in an ARAM earlier and tried to test this out since were were very far ahead and when did it told me the amount of gold and other stuff it would give the other team im worried this could be used in games to see exactly how far ahead of teams you are or if you are in fact ahead when it accepts or declines your possible equalizer.