Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is /equalize?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMurbe

02-05-2013

Instead of providing a command like this to correct the issue afterwards, why not just rig the gold and exp from the start?

I would imagine it would be far easier to just issue gold and exp at a constant rate and nullify the exp and gold that would normally be gained. Only downside that I can think of is that players might play significantly differently knowing they can't improve their gold / exp through normal means, such as CSing. However, this behavior issue will likely arise with the equalize command as well once players are fully aware of it.

Síngéd

02-05-2013

bump

Kavlax

02-05-2013

I would love the ability to type in map time, gold, level, and hit a button to set those values across the board. I'd like another button that would reset items, towers, minions, and jungle mobs.

It would be perfect for custom 1v1's and practicing jungle. You could just reset the match at the push of a button. You wouldn't have to quit and start a whole new match, load, and wait 2 minutes for things to start. You just hit that button and you and your 1v1 partner can start from spawn with no items, level 1, 475g, fresh towers, and 2 minute strength minions.

This would save people a lot of time and make practicing more efficient and enjoyable.

ReL3vEx

02-05-2013

good idea

Hype Algerian

02-05-2013

Quote:
HowardDeanFan:
Interesting. I hope it doesn't turn into a way to start a game, feed like hell with your team then "equalize" to gain quick lvls/gold. Not that it really matters honestly (and that might be an efficient way to simply get to full build quick to test certain things) but I wouldn't put anything past pointless griefers in PBE.

I'm pretty sure they're weeding out the toxic guys out of the PBE - am I wrong?

Laterall

02-05-2013

It seems to me that having more control over the settings on a custom game is something League of Legends is lacking. I like the /equalize command -- it's a step in the right direction, but why is there no easy way to begin a custom game with all variables configurable --

*starting level
*starting gold
*minions disabled on map
*cooldowns disabled on summoner spells (flash, etc.)

Obviously it would be necessary to remove IP gain from these games, but it's hard to train for specific situation response when (even in custom games) flash has an annoyingly long cooldown & all I want to do is practice flashing over walls, or practice hitting skillshots on long cooldowns while running diagonal down a lane.

garbonzo0

02-05-2013

Quote:
Laterall:
It seems to me that having more control over the settings on a custom game is something League of Legends is lacking. I like the /equalize command -- it's a step in the right direction, but why is there no easy way to begin a custom game with all variables configurable --

*starting level
*starting gold
*minions disabled on map

Obviously it would be necessary to remove IP gain from these games, but it's hard to train for specific situation response when (even in custom games) flash has an annoyingly long cooldown & all I want to do is practice flashing over walls, or practice hitting skillshots on long cooldowns while running diagonal down a lane.

I agree, this is a necessity - it's really impossible to practice this stuff if you don't want a team raging at you as you try to learn new tactics.

IS1dacfae952691547dc99a

02-05-2013

Quote:
Laterall:

*starting level
*starting gold
*minions disabled on map

Cheat mode with commands would do better.
  • Gold
  • Level
  • Spawning creeps
  • Making turrets indestructable (good for trainging lasthitting)
etc.

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-05-2013

Only the winning team can launch the equalize vote.

NotBuzzJack

02-05-2013

How many votes does it need to pass?