Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is /equalize?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-05-2013

I've been running some development playtests on the PBE recently. Something I noticed is that while a lot of the test games start out really solidly, they occasionally snowball into stompfests.

This isn't particularly helpful for testing new features, so I am adding the /equalize command to let players on the PBE "catch up" the struggling team's gold and XP to their current values. This means if you're having a good match, but lose a couple key teamfights, you can help us out by using /equalize.

Quote:

/equalize is now enabled on the PBE right now and will grant gold and XP to the losing team.

I'll let you guys know when I've worked all of the kinks out of the /equalize system and you can help us make our tests even better.

p.s. I've noticed a few of you guys throw around the idea of allowing it in custom games on live. That's not a bad idea... but it needs a lot more work first.

Warrikon

02-05-2013

this sounds great!!!

I hope you can implement it in versions of ARAM, because I don't like one sided battles in that D:<

HowardDeanFan

02-05-2013

Interesting. I hope it doesn't turn into a way to start a game, feed like hell with your team then "equalize" to gain quick lvls/gold. Not that it really matters honestly (and that might be an efficient way to simply get to full build quick to test certain things) but I wouldn't put anything past pointless griefers in PBE.

Steven Segal

02-05-2013

Quote:
HowardDeanFan:
Interesting. I hope it doesn't turn into a way to start a game, feed like hell with your team then "equalize" to gain quick lvls/gold. Not that it really matters honestly (and that might be an efficient way to simply get to full build quick to test certain things) but I wouldn't put anything past pointless griefers in PBE.

What he said ^^

Titan Tactics

02-05-2013

At minimum, I believe that the Custom Games on Live should recieve Equalize in the near future. This is a great feature for PBE matches, great work.

TheEnygma

02-05-2013

it be great if we could have an infinite gold mode or almost like the dummy's from WoW so we could see how much we could tank or how much DPS we could dish out, optimum way of using abilities etc without going through a full game

chaosturka

02-05-2013

Upgrade your eu server and then think for new features.

Regards AnaSiken

DrZombie90210

02-05-2013

This is actually a pretty solid idea, but would both teams be able to initiate it? Would all 10 players vote on it?

Sometimes it may require the losing team to initiate the vote to equalize because the winning team may not know how truly ahead they are.

sdfzxcv

02-05-2013

Do both teams need to agree?

Zerglinator

02-05-2013

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That makes sense.