Que Dodging, an in-depth look. And a shot at a fix.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NauFirefox

02-04-2013

First of all let me start by saying I know this is going to get some flak from other players, and probably a lot of it from the people I am speaking out against. But I am going to post this, and I want people to rank this post as they see fit.
This is my take on it, and some idea's to fix the system a bit better. THIS IS WHAT I WANT REPLIES ON THE MOST.
Personally I am going to put this out there right now, I want the ability to dodge without the ability to abuse it, waiting patiently until someone got the role or champion they wanted. So my first suggestion is this,
A way to cancel a Que as a team vote, placed at the top or bottom of the champion select screen, at anytime you can vote to cancel the Que. Just like a surrender vote, for pre-game, and it doesn't count as a loss. I think it should count as 1/3 a win for the enemy team, and you get returned to Que. The reason for a reward to the enemy team is encouraging people to work together in proper team compositions. No punishment should be given out, when over half the team knows there is a troll in their team.

In a system like this, people who just don't like the team composition, or didn't get what they wanted, can still of course, dodge as they always have, but the consequences can be increased on it. While the people just being trolled, can use the voting system to dodge the 1-2 trolls without being punished for not wanting to waste a chunk of their time. And the people who correctly worked together forming a team that they can agree on, get a minor reward. Nothing big, enough to encourage it without enough to abuse it.

A 3/2 dodge vote should be all that is needed, if 3 people know this is a losing game before it even starts, something is seriously wrong and they shouldn't be forced to go through and waste their time. If people want a 4/1 vote just like surrender in-game, then I say people who duo-Que, should only count as 1 vote, making the needed vote 3/1 instead. Preventing trolls from just duo-Que'ing to have their fun at other peoples expense.

Quote:
The following is a bit more in-depth than most people may want to read.

What is Que dodging.

Que dodging occurs during champion select, when a player logs out forcefully and causes the whole game to be cancelled. Anyone in that champion select screen gets returned to the Que, and the person who dodged is removed from the Que entirely, along with any summoners who were originally in Que with him/her.

What are the pro's and con's, or in other words, why do people do it, and why do people hate it.

Pro's
  1. Avoid people who have stubbornly picked a role when that role has already been filled by another summoner, causing the team to be handicapped before the game even starts.
  2. Avoid people who break the summoners code before the game even starts.
  3. Avoid people who you already can not agree with to prevent a game with failing teamwork.
  4. Avoid a game where your team screwed up their team composition and are about to get facerolled.
  5. Avoid any trolls that show they are trolls pre-game.
  6. Avoid games where someone disconnected and was forced into a random pick champion, that they may/may not be good at and your team may/may not be able to adapt around.

Con's
  1. People could abuse the ability to dodge until they get a favorable team. (excluding the already placed consequences)
  2. Trolls can constantly Que, just to leave at the last minute.
  3. People dodging causes Que times to go up for people behind them in Que.
  4. Currently, dodging causes you to lose ranking points, making your skill appear lower for what you may/may not actually be capable of.
  5. Currently, dodging causes you to be unable to enter another game for a time, causing any plans for a game or hype, to be put on hold or lost entirely.

My issues with the current system.

LP are supposed to be a ranking of skill. Keeping you matched up with people who are about your skill level and keeping games fun and close. While people will still leave, leaver-buster helps that, people will still feed, we have the tribunal, but these pre-game trolls can't be punished! Unless someone personally writes out what happened before the game in chat and posts it, mid-game. It isn't recorded for the tribunal, and there is no way to report people pre-game. only post-game. So why do we lose skill ranking for dodging games? The timer is fair, as it helps keep people from abusing the system as it is. But losing LP makes no sense. That is like saying "You stole a cookie from the cookie jar, so your school grade was reduced as punishment," it is the wrong punishment for the crime.
Thanks to all those that read this far and please, give me your feedback and votes (up or down) so this can be more geared to what the community as a whole feels.

Firefox.

NauFirefox

02-04-2013

Looked through this forum and I see things are slow here, I'll check back tomorrow first thing for any responses and feedback and respond then.

SpiralAero

02-05-2013

okay I like the main idea but can you summarize it a bit more seems to long i can understand that your trying to explain practically the whole dodging and system kicking but the people these days wont have a attention span to read this whole thing xD
-SpiralAero

NauFirefox

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralAero View Post
okay I like the main idea but can you summarize it a bit more seems to long i can understand that your trying to explain practically the whole dodging and system kicking but the people these days wont have a attention span to read this whole thing xD
-SpiralAero
Definitely can do, give me about 10 minutes and I'll edit it up for everyone.

NauFirefox

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralAero View Post
-SpiralAero
Done, thoughts?

SpiralAero

02-06-2013

Well its more summarized and easier to read ^^ and you should ask for shoutouts to be more well known :3
-SpiralAero
P.S maybe we can play together sometimes :P

Zachis

02-06-2013

So I give you guys an example of what happens. I know i don't need to because we've all experienced something like this while playing this game.

I solo que in a normal draft pick. I play mostly top but I jungle or mid occasionally and like to practice in normal draft pick. I pick second so I say I'll jungle that way someone further down the list can better counter pick top. The reply I get back is we are 4 people and you're not jungle. So i say well what can i do then? They tell me to mid and then after i pick my mid they all select ap champs.

I know this game isn't going to win, nor will it be fun because the enemy team will build hp and mr and blow me away, yet i must pay the penalty of a 6min wait time because of my team.

lFalse Kingl

02-07-2013

This game would be much better if it matched players a bit equally. Put feeders with feeders, average with average, and pros against pros. Those who are willing to get better wins. The currently one just matches you randomly. No one would be dodging if they were put with players of the same value OR CLOSE.

TaoOfJeetKuneDo

02-07-2013

Why we need a better dodge system (and I like the idea of a team vote to dodge):

Everyone calls rolls, top is left open. First pick bans warwick, fizz and lulu. Then takes veigar and proceeds to talk **** to the whole team. 4 of 5 of us wanted to win and had good roles/champs. This one guy ruined for everyone. Now I've had to dodge my 2nd game this morning due to trolls. Where is the justice and sense that I'm losing League points and this guy isn't? Team voting/reporting in team select would be amazing.

TaoOfJeetKuneDo

02-07-2013

Yep. 13 LP lost and 30 minute wait now. You're an inch away from losing a paying customer over this BS riot, please use your brains and implement a better system to penalize trolls, not people trying to just play an honest game. Then again they probably don't give a flying feck about solo que's since it's all about the 5's teams anyway. It's just hard to practice to get onto a 5's team when you can't play solo.