Terrible Teammates - Solution?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cell0

02-04-2013

Hey guys,

I just have a couple of questions about the matchmaking aspect of this game and what I can do to enjoy myself more. My problem is this.. I play just normal 5v5 Summoners Rift and most of the time get matched with my teammates. The problem is,, I rarely EVER get matched up with good teammates. I'm almost always doing the best on the team score-wise and lane-wise but just always end of losing. It's really beginning to bug me and take the fun out of this game for me.

Even when I play with just a friend or two.. we're always the ones putting forth the most effort and "carrying" the team if you will.. and 3v5 just doesn't work out that well. Any suggestions or ideas beyond the obvious "Get a 5 man team", because I am working on that. Thanks a lot ladies and gentlemen.

BTW - I am by no means a pro and am not trying to put anyone down.. I am always trying to help the terrible players out and give them knowledge that I know on how to lane and what not.. I just want someone help me out with some ideas now lol. Thanks in advance.

SeCKS Egai

02-04-2013

Sounds like your elo has taken a hit and you need to build it back up.

Team composition is important, especially if there's a high risk that teammates will not perform well.

You want to be able to do things that lead to your teams success, like ward if you find teammates who get themselves killed from lack of vision or someone to initiate teamfights if the team doesn't have someone who can. It's the little things that can make the difference.

insentive

02-04-2013

I find getting terrible teammates in normal matches is intuitive; it gives you the chance to practice your carry/snowballing skills which are required for ranked players to progress (particularly low ranked players)..

f3zz1k

02-04-2013

Most people who play really don't care about winning cuz loosing is obviously everyone else's fault...
reality is you can still win most games if you learn to carry, esp if your team sucks(means other team probly sucks too). Dont expect to win if you go support and your adc only has 20 cs by 10 min mark.

Anrui

02-05-2013

If you're playing normal, go pre-made 5. That is the best way to go, but seriously I have met some pretty awesome randoms in normal.

HolographicOne

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
Sounds like your elo has taken a hit and you need to build it back up.

Team composition is important, especially if there's a high risk that teammates will not perform well.

You want to be able to do things that lead to your teams success, like ward if you find teammates who get themselves killed from lack of vision or someone to initiate teamfights if the team doesn't have someone who can. It's the little things that can make the difference.
Sounds like a case of TL-DR. He said normals. It doesn't get better in any mode unless it's premade. It's a roll of the dice to get a 5 of 5 good composition.